Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artara & Haggis

Artara & Haggis

I see Andy and Artara are giving away a free can of Haggis with their latest Goerz over on the auction site.

Must be for Burns Night or some other strange pagan ritual... :-)
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Artara & Haggis

Is that Haggis trademarked? I wouldn't dare mention it if I were them. The trademark police are very protective of their Haggis.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Artara & Haggis

He does say he smuggled it into the US, so it must be grey market Haggis (isn't all Haggis grey..?)

Doesn't HP hold the trademark for Haggis in the US? No - maybe I'm wrong - HP is that brown sauce stuff - regular or fruity....
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Artara & Haggis

Grey market Haggis!! The criminal element in this country has no scruples! It is going to ruin the legitimate dealers in this country!
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Artara & Haggis

With great regret I have had many an American 'Haggis' and this is one area in which the US is'nt any way #1. You have to go to the source to find the best stuff, namely a small butcher shop off the main street in Selkirk, though I must Say Colin Peat in Haddington has a very fine example. I usually eschew the canned haggis in favour of the fresh but smuggling in fresh haggis is a bit more risky of late. The last three I brought in froze and when I picked my suitcase up at the carousel there were three cannonball shaped frost patches on the outside. Sadly I have been FORCED into criminal behaviour!! ;-)

CP Goerz

Artara & Haggis

Andy - you should try donning a white lab coat and a stethoscope, so you could try to carry your fresh haggis on board in an ice chest with those nifty bio-medical labels. ;-)

Artara & Haggis

*Canned* haggis? It's supposed to be a sheep's stomach, not a metal tin!

Artara & Haggis

I once took a real Scottish Haggis with me on a trip to USA. No problems at all until I got home and the little beggar had to spend his obligatory six months in quaranteen. Despite getting him a place at one of the best boarding kennels he pined piteously, losing over a third of his show weight, and large clumps of his fur fell out. By the end the poor dear looked like that rat-thing Paris Hilton carries around in her handbag. Never again.

Artara & Haggis

It's senseless to talk about American haggis. Why would anyone want such a thing?

If you're in Scotland, by all means, have haggis.

If you're in the US, have some scrapple. Don't know about scrapple? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

Seriously, the first time some told me what haggis was, my response was "Oh, you mean **scrapple**." I know it's not exactly the same, but the sentiment surely is.

Go with the local variety, is what I say. Alas, out here in the Specific Northwet, no one knows what the heck I'm talking about if I ask for scrapple. Or haggis, for that matter.

Artara & Haggis

Chittlins?