Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gnass won't deliver

Photographer, Machinist, etc. Jeffrey Sipress's Avatar

Gnass won't deliver

I am still amazed at some replies that say he is 'haphazard' or 'slow' or 'experiencing confusion during the move'. Look people, he has NEVER returned my calls or emails for six weeks. I called there five times just today. Three times there was no answer, and then twice I left messages asking him to call me back and that I would be nice to him if he did! Just because you like his products, or are the kind of people who simply like everybody even if they're stepping all over you, doesn't mean that this type of customer behavoir is acceptable. I'm talking about a blatant decision to completely ignore people who have already given him money. Exactly what part of this don't you understand??? Have you ever heard of mail order fraud? Or do you just like everybody on the planet? If you read this thread you'll remember that I run a business, too. If I treated customers in my industry like this, I'd be history in a friggin second.

Gnass won't deliver

Jeffrey, If you're not happy then ring your credit card company and complain (here in the UK we are protected against this sort of thing - don't know about elsewhere!) and don't deal with Gnass again - simple!!

Gnass won't deliver

Just for the record I did receive my lens case today; I must say it is very good quality. I waited six weeks total for it. It was my first order from Gnass; I still beleive it is most likely a good company, just a little disconcerting I admit not getting any replies to inquiries (e-mails). Perhaps the fact they are moving is the explanation.

Gnass won't deliver

Well, I called AGAIN today, and miraculously Justin answered the phone. Yes, he is still alive and in business. In fact, he is shipping my order today!! For some odd reason, the phone company wouldn't turn on his service, so he has had no phone and no internet for weeks. And, his brother suggested that he not post any info about his move on the website, a decision that he now regrets. While this all is still not good busines practice, I am relieved to finally get some resolution.

Gnass won't deliver

All this fuss for (almost) nothing!

Gnass won't deliver

Excellent recommendation Michael. Render this entire diatribe to the trash can ASAP.

Is what happened not exactly what we were saying was the case? And some of us that were defending Justin got slammed for just asking the question about something not sounding "right" and "out of character?" Good grief.

I wish Gnass Gear a wonderful 2005 and best success in the future!

Cheers!

Gnass won't deliver

Yes, I'll get my stuff. Perhaps Justin is back on track. I hope so. Still, that does not make my experience with the seller just disappear. It happened and that's a fact. Hopefully it will be better next time. The moderator can delete this if he wants to. However, for as long is it is readable, it conveys the message, 'buyer beware'. That's still important.

Gnass won't deliver

While I agree that because of the niche nature of our activity, we need to grit our teeth and bear poor service, I think the responses here have been reasonable.

If I took money from someone and sent them an email telling them the item ordered would be despatched within a week or, then had connection and moving problems, I'd check my computer for their phone number and call them on a mobile phone, or use email at a friend's house. This could be done as a one-off to let people know, without having to do this regularly.

Even if I hadn't taken money from them at that stage, I'd still do it so as to avoid alientating them.
    'Why punish him because of your misunderstanding'.It was no 'misunderstanding' - Gnass failed to keep informed the people from whom he'd taken money.

Gnass won't deliver

Richard, you are absolutely correct.

Michael, my misunderstanding? Unbelieveable. Can't you read?

Gnass won't deliver

I believe I am one of those who have used a factual approach, staying away from ranting and raving. For what is worth I vote against removing the thread. I would personally lose a lot of respect for a forum where I post a legitimate and factual complaint, others join in, and the thread gets wiped out.

The readers of this forum do not need adult supervision: they will make up their mind when they read this thread and can certainly distinguish between facts and flaming. I will certainly post a great review on Gnass Gear when I get it if its quality is as good as people say, but for the time being I am still a disappointed customer who has voiced his disappointment and now someone is calling for "erasing me".

It just does not feel right.