Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kentmere to distribute in US

Kentmere to distribute in US

In this thread

http://largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/topic/499380.html

John Kasaian said "Perhaps Kentmere will be encouraged to market in the US ..." Well, Kentmere is now doing that!

Here is the new Web site for Kentmere USA:

http://www.kentmereusa.com/main.php

What's particularly exciting is that Kentmere Bromide will become available in April; I believe this is the same paper Calumet marketed for some time as Brilliant Bromide II. Kentmere's adding more graded papers we can buy in the US got me so enthused I just emailed B&H, imploring them to sign on as a dealer and keep the paper in stock.

Sal,

Thanks, you made my day!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

And Kentmere made my day. You're welcome!

John and Sal,

John will be able to get it in the West from Freestyle, who will be distrbuiting it to other dealers in the US. The product line is wonderful. The papers I had a chance to test I really liked. Plus the people from Kentmere are real nice. Go to the Freestyle site and look for the Kentmere product.

Jan Pietrzak

"Go to the Freestyle site and look for the Kentmere product."

Jan, I did that before originally posting, and found that Freestyle doesn't yet have any Kentmere products listed.

Kentmere, now that really is a blast from the past! Kentmere papers were the first I ever used back in the late sixties when I was at Art College. Great papers, good to see that they are still going strong.

www.keithlaban.co.uk

Is is correct that Luminous papers are essentially Kentmere? That was my understanding, but I think they didn't import all of the Kentmere papers, so I'm sure this is a good thing for silver printers in the US.

I have been using the Luminos paper as my preferred paper for the last year, so I hope this is good news for the Kentmere availability, but if the Luminos papers are slightly different then this may not be good news unless Luminous will continue to bring in the formulations they have offered.

Anyone know what this means for Luminos?

---Michael

I think the big news is Kentmere Bromide, which AFAIK wasn't marketed by Luminos. Its a neutral dw glossy graded fiber base. A rare animal in these parts---the more suppliers the better IMHO.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Michael,

The correct word is 'were' Luminous will no longer be distributing the Kentmere product line. Freestyle will be the new distributor for the US.

Sal,

Sorry for the wild goose chase it is not on the site yet, so here goes

Art Classic
    Art Document
    Fineprint VC
    FineprintFG VC
    Kentmere VC RC Select

The Kentmere products are listed in the new catalog call them on monday for the new products. Freestyle will have some other part of the line coming soon.

Jan Pietrzak

Kentmere manufatures Chicago Albumen Works POP as well. Here's to a long and prosperous relationship.