Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any way to embed data with images so Google can NOT strip it?

Re: Any way to embed data with images so Google can NOT strip it?

Things are getting confused in this thread. Google strips meta data when they put images on their image search site. They do not have the ability to strip it from other web sites. SO if you put images on your web site with metadata, that metadata will remain in place. When Google spiders you web site and finds images, they take copies, strip the metadata, then post those files on their image search site. So if someone finds your mages on Google's site, and uses that copy for other purposes, they are using a copy with no metadata.

Re: Any way to embed data with images so Google can NOT strip it?

Jim Noel, wrote of not even emailing images. I agree. I do copy work for a Pencil & Paper artist and I make really tiny files for him to show off, as he still doesn't understand his art is so digital looking it is way easy to steal.

He sells only originals but all these 'competitions' want files. One day he will regret his ego.

However, he makes more than most with his original images, which are drawings. Totally handmade, but look computer generated. Weird, it's how he relaxes from his high pressure job. He could quit work...
    Tin Can