I've been into photography since taking photography classes back in high school. That was 1982-ish. I've been shooting 35mm film and always dreamed about moving onto the larger formats, but, the cost has always been a limiting factor. When DSLRs hit the market it took me a while to jump onto that bandwagon, but, I finally did and have had a renewed interest in photography ever since.

A week or so ago I read about the Cambo Actus, which gives the Nikon DSLR the ability to have swings and shifts like a proper view camera, but, the cost was prohibitive so I thought I could buy a broken 4X5 view camera and roll my own. The first hit on that popular auction website was for an Omega View 45E for less than $100 shipped, BIN. The seller was local, less than two miles from my house, so I contacted the seller and bought it minus the $15 shipping fee. Now I own a 4X5 view camera with two lens boards and nothing else. I still need lenses, film holders, and a few small accessories to be able to make images. There's nothing wrong with this camera that I could find, having inspected the bellows at full extension with a flashlight.

I was referred to these forums by a member of the Nikonians forums so here I am, with more questions to ask and gear to buy. I probably won't have anything to contribute, but, have the experience to search before creating a new thread.