Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Stone,

CS6 supports Open GL and Open CL if you have a compatible video card, but CS6 is limited in it's implementation of Open CL compared to CC or CC2014.

In CS6, go to Edit>Preferences>Performance. Look in the lower right corner and you'll see a section "Graphics Processor Settings". If your video card is compatible, the check box "Use Graphics Processor" will be checked. Below that is a button, "Advanced Settings" where you can choose how CS6 uses the graphics processor.

If "Use Graphics Processor" is greyed out, then you are either using on-board graphics (on the CPU) or your video card is not compatible with Photo Shop.

The Adobe "Help" article that Paul linked to in his original post is worth the read.

--P
Since I did not know this, I checked it with CC and it had automatically detected my discrete Video card, EVGA GeForce GTX 750 2GB FTW and was using it. CC also was automatically using 60% of my available 30GB ram.

No thinking or tweaking required.

First thing I did when I set up this computer with CC was to resize a scan to TB size, no problem and far quicker than I have ever seen.