Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lens Wraps

Lens Wraps

In the 90's I owned several Calumet Lens Wraps (The nylon padded squares with Velcro on one side) that I stored my LF lenses in. With Calumet gone, does anyone know if anyone still makes these?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lens wrap.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	131371

Re: Lens Wraps

Sure, my favorite wrap is here, Photorito!

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I like the burrito look, but for a LF lens this might be more practical (this is an example of just one of several brands and retailers, I believe)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Le...1/N/4232860901

and another brand or two:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...op+Nav-Search=

I've always used Domke wraps, but the Photoritos look delicious!

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I like the burrito look, but for a LF lens this might be more practical (this is an example of just one of several brands and retailers, I believe)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Le...1/N/4232860901

and another brand or two:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...op+Nav-Search=

Perfect, thanks!

The best ones, if you can find them, do NOT have the velcro material all over the outside, but instead a nylon sheath. The velcro ones bind together in a clump if you have two or more together.

The next best thing you can do with these is write the lens length with a BIG marks-a-lot on the outside so you can tell one from another without unwrapping. Or get different colors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC1001.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	131372

Climber's cave at Shiprock. The climber's cave has a little pre-columbian rockwork in it. It's such a special place that it had to be a known spot for meditation, spirit seeking, et. Most of the modern ascent parties start off a pile of rocks they have stacked so that one can reach the first hold on the roof and go up into the Black Bowl, then over the ridge at the Sierra Col, down the East face and then traverse South before starting up to one of the two main pinnacles. The very sketchy traverse across the East face and the first move off the pile of rocks at the Climber's cave are considered the two crux of the climb.

I use wraps for my lenses on sinar boards and these from cabelas for everything else.

I wrap my lens bords Arca Swiss 171x171 - Silvestri Lens Wrap from LinhofStudio UK .

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Langham View Post
    Climber's cave at Shiprock. The climber's cave has a little pre-columbian rockwork in it. It's such a special place that it had to be a known spot for meditation, spirit seeking, et. Most of the modern ascent parties start off a pile of rocks they have stacked so that one can reach the first hold on the roof and go up into the Black Bowl, then over the ridge at the Sierra Col, down the East face and then traverse South before starting up to one of the two main pinnacles. The very sketchy traverse across the East face and the first move off the pile of rocks at the Climber's cave are considered the two crux of the climb.
    Thanks, Robert.
    For 70 years I've seen pictures of Shiprock, and read it mentioned in travels, but this is the first time that I've ever seen anything about a cave in it.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I use wraps for my lenses on sinar boards and these from cabelas for everything else.
    Why is it that everything that works for photography gear but isn't photography gear is so cheap? Anything designated photography gear costs an arm and a leg even if it's pretty much the same thing!