Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lens Wraps

Re: Lens Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I use wraps for my lenses on sinar boards and these from cabelas for everything else.
    I've used bags from this seller on Etsy for small cameras. I've found her flexible in making bags of different sizes and with different fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Why is it that everything that works for photography gear but isn't photography gear is so cheap? Anything designated photography gear costs an arm and a leg even if it's pretty much the same thing!
    Photography is considered a specialty/ luxury. Kinda like..why can you get your car's oil changed at a gas station for $19.95, but for a motorcycle (sportbike) you cant even do it yourself for that price.

RoadWired is another maker of lens wraps to look into.

I like these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Lens_Wrap.html

They are available in three sizes.

Drew Wiley

I use simple bubble wrap envelopes from an office supply co. Dirt cheap, no lint.

+1 for bubble wrap

Apo-Heespharm-N MC

Lens Wraps

Get a microfiber cloth and sew on the hook end of Velcro to it on all four corners
    Last edited by Heespharm; 25-Mar-2015 at 17:34.

I've bought Domke and Tenba ones on Amazon. They're okay but I still prefer the calumet ones. They show up on eBay from time to time.

I personally like the Domke wraps, with soft fabric on the outside that sticks to velcro hooks. In any case, it is a personal choice. They are still available online.
    Robert Rose
    robertrose.photos

In the worse case scenario, you can eat a tortilla.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by linkedit View Post
    In the 90's I owned several Calumet Lens Wraps (The nylon padded squares with Velcro on one side) that I stored my LF lenses in. With Calumet gone, does anyone know if anyone still makes these?
    I make my own lens wraps from micro-fiber fabrics I buy at Dollar Tree Stores for US $1 each. These are found in two places: automobile section and house cleaning. The ones in the automobile section are off-white, fluffy and much larger. The ones in the cleaning section are either bright green or yellow.

After I buy them, I wash then air dry them so any dust or fuzz is eliminated.

An option is to attach mating Velcro pairs. You can purchase self-adhesive ones at hardware stores.

Most of my lenses are on Crown Graphic lens boards so they directly attach to my Crown Graphic.
    For my Cambo cameras, I have an adapter lens board that accepts Crown Graphic lens boards. This way the lenses + boards take a minimum of space. The only lenses that are not on Crown boards are at the extreme ends of focal lengths: very wide (75mm and 90mm) or long (300mm). But those extreme focal lengths while mounted on Cambo lens boards are still wrapped with my Dollar Tree lens wraps.

Also useful are cleaned out plastic yogurt tubs. Many of my wrapped lenses fit into these tubs. The tubs are flexible enough to accommodate the lenses yet the lid will stay on. The tubs allow lenses to be stacked, if needed, and add a small amount of additional protection. Each tub is marked with a black Sharpie as to it's contents.