Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South Central Pennsylvania?

South Central Pennsylvania?

Any other large format enthusiasts in/around South Central PA? I'm in the Harrisburg area.

Re: South Central Pennsylvania?

Hello Fellow Pennsylvanian !!
    I am in Upper Bucks County, just below Bethlehem PA, (Eastern PA).
    I travel 1-2 days every other week in the Harrisburg area +/- as business dictates.
    90 minutes to HBG ... 78 to 81 to 83...all highway.

I am ready for a road trip with my 8x10 in tow !!

Originally I am from York Co. Because of the Navy, I'm in Ventura, CA. This July, I'll be back home for a week if you'd like to meet up somewhere then.

R/
    Dave

Dave, One week in July I will be away at Church summer camp with our teen group, but if the dates work out, I'd love to meet somewhere---maybe you know some place scenic or interesting in/around York? By then I hope to have the kinks worked out of the Ektascan experiment and be in a position to use some cut to 5x7 (or 4x5 or 8x10). As a kid I did some reading about the exploits of the Seabees Island hopping in WW2, a group with a proud heritage!

Drewf64: I'd love to meet you and your 8x10. There are some promising pictures of bridges and the Harrisburg skyline (such as it is---the State Capitol Building also seems photogenic to me) from City Island or if you are interested in trains, I have a couple other spots in mind, too. I'm going to be hard to catch up with 'til after April 12 (Pascha/Easter for the Orthodox Christians) but it varies sometimes so let me know when you are out this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Mark View Post
    Dave, One week in July I will be away at Church summer camp with our teen group, but if the dates work out, I'd love to meet somewhere---maybe you know some place scenic or interesting in/around York? By then I hope to have the kinks worked out of the Ektascan experiment and be in a position to use some cut to 5x7 (or 4x5 or 8x10). As a kid I did some reading about the exploits of the Seabees Island hopping in WW2, a group with a proud heritage!
    I'll be back home over the July 4th week. As for places to photograph in and around York, that would be tough to say. 16 years in the Navy and limited time home, things have changed over that time. Places I remember could be gone, re-hab'd, or off limits now. With that said, I'd be more inclined to simply meet up and swap stories. This trip home for me will be more focused on SCUBA diving with my family. Sadly, the LF camera (unless I pack my BJ Orbitar) will be in Cali. As for being a Seabee, I love being one and the heritage associated with being one. Although we don't do the same scale projects like we did in WW2, we still do some pretty impressive things. I can share more at a later time though.

R/
    Dave

Dave, I should be home that week unless the senior priest changes up plans on me. Will look forward to meeting you somewhere York or H'bg or in between, I'll drag some cameras along. Send me a PM or email when we get closer to the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Mark View Post
    Dave, I should be home that week unless the senior priest changes up plans on me. Will look forward to meeting you somewhere York or H'bg or in between, I'll drag some cameras along. Send me a PM or email when we get closer to the date.
    Not a problem. We can do that.

R/
    Dave

I'm about to move back to southwest PA. I could sometimes be encouraged to meet somewhere in between Harrisburg and New Stanton.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    I'm about to move back to southwest PA. I could sometimes be encouraged to meet somewhere in between Harrisburg and New Stanton.
    Yay! Now we can visit!!!

Bethe,

I live just outside Harrisburg, but the Greek Orthodox Diocese I belong to has its HQ in Pittsburgh, so I'm through the New Stanton area several times a year. I will be going through mid April. Remains to be seen if I will have time to stop though since it is supposed to be a day trip for an awards banquet where a pair of my parishioners are getting awards. Most of the Orthodox Christian parish clergy are married men, and I am, and I have a child in a ballet that day, so it may be too over-scheduled already. But, potentially will be back through in Late June and/or Mid-July, too. And, I have an other child in a school an hour North of Pittsburgh, too, but he just got his own car so I don't know if he will provide as many excuses for making the trip now! I had a quick look at your website, nice to see the cyanotype! I like them, too, though so far, I've had better success with digital than film negatives for alt printing. I was never great at chemical photography and I'm still getting back into the game and learning.
    Fr. Mark