Thread: arca lens panel

arca lens panel

I have had an arca for about 2months and though I am happy with the negs/trannies I have some logistical issues.
    I like to take mountain images, now I can manage the wieght of the kit but having just bought a new lowepro bag I am still struggling to find a logical layout for the bag as the lenspanels are too deep to sit in the bag comfortably stood or laid flat.
    I am sure I read somewhere about a conversion option for smaller panels, Linhof maybe? Can anyone shed some light on this problem as having a huge bag that still won't take half the kit is driving me to distraction eh!!!
    Gari

arca lens panel

Assuming you are referring to the 171mm boards, there are reducing adapters for the 110mm Arca boards, for Linhof and also for Sinar boards. Look at your favorite Arca supplier's web site for the options, or check in the Arca catalog which can be found here: http://precisioncameraworks.com/Pages/arca_core.html#anchorcata.

I use the 110mm Arca boards and they fit in my LowePro backpack fine, but they are fairly expensive new (not often available used).

arca lens panel

Hi,
    Yes there is an Arca to Linhof adapter board... I bought mine on ebay (where else).

arca lens panel

i have it (current model, bought direct to arca, recess), it's expensive but very well made. Considering linhof type lensboard, i like the wista one, and you have to know that even the linhof ones are not all the same thickness ... But, if it was to do it again, i will go with the arca 171/110 for two reasons : Thirst i have an arca F line 69 (along with a technika IV), and the second one is that i just found the arca 110 recessed lens board much better than the linhof style, and the fact that you can turn you lens it's very good to be able to read F stops in every conditions ! If money is a concern, you can buy a cheap second hand XXX/linhof adaptater and fix it on a 171 arca recessed lens board

arca lens panel

Contact Badger Graphics, who sell an adapter board of their own.

arca lens panel

I just got an OEM Linhof - 171mm adaptor board (see my thread from last week about this very issue) and found that the Nikon-made Linhof Technika style boards were slightly too thick for the latch to firmly close over them (It uses a spring loaded cam-latch). So now I have to use more expensive (and better made) Linhof boards...