Thread: diasec

diasec

Just come back from an exhibit of lf work by Valentin Vallhonrat (www.bcn.es/virreinaexposicions) . I'm convinced they were inkjet (damn good prints) but they were faced with diasec. Anyone know if it is possible to use diasec on an inkjet print?
    I'm about to get some big prints made and was going to go with digi C-type but I'd prefer Inkjet on epson semimatte if I could use diasec

Julian

diasec

Hi Julian

what is diasec??

diasec

Proprietary process for face mounting print (especially very large ones) to clear acrylic
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

diasec

Hi Julian

If this is as Tim says, face mount to plexi , I would suggest taking a strip to a commercial lab and having them do a test for you, we face mount here in toronto , ciba, cprint, - fibre will not work- I have not tried ink jet yet.

diasec

Bob - do you use Seal Optimount or another process for it?
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

diasec

Tim - depending upon material that we are using and final image process,
    We sometimes silicone mount, ie squeeze a bead of silicone between substrate and material, this method is quite good for taking out dust and stuff as the pressure of the rollers and the silicone squeeze out the dust.
    When doing face cibachromes we use permatrans, made by various suppliers- Mactak , Ilford , Seal.
    This process requires a meticulas execution as there is no going back once started, proper humidity dust control and operators who give a shit are paramount to good work.
    I actually hate going this route as of the many pitfalls and you are always at the last stage of the show when doing this method.

We did a show this way of large cibas for aDavid Griffith that hung in the Smithsonian years ago and I sweated bullets through every pass of the rollers.

but to Julians point. when done properly it is a beautiful method of displaying ones work

diasec

Bob,
    Thanks very much for the insight. I'll keep searching locally

Re: diasec

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Tim - depending upon material that we are using and final image process,
    We sometimes silicone mount, ie squeeze a bead of silicone between substrate and material, this method is quite good for taking out dust and stuff as the pressure of the rollers and the silicone squeeze out the dust.
    When doing face cibachromes we use permatrans, made by various suppliers- Mactak , Ilford , Seal.
    This process requires a meticulas execution as there is no going back once started, proper humidity dust control and operators who give a shit are paramount to good work.
    I actually hate going this route as of the many pitfalls and you are always at the last stage of the show when doing this method.

We did a show this way of large cibas for aDavid Griffith that hung in the Smithsonian years ago and I sweated bullets through every pass of the rollers.

but to Julians point. when done properly it is a beautiful method of displaying ones work
    Hi Bob, any ideas on what the best silicone mount is for this process and how to go about getting it? thanks

Octogenarian

Re: diasec

Matty,

Did you happen to notice that Bob Carnie posted his answer four years ago?

Perhaps it would be wiser to start a new thread.