Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jobo prices...ridiculous

Re: Jobo prices...ridiculous

I bought a 3005 drum new awhile back. I paid $200 more than that for a used one many years later, then eventually another used one at the price of the first one. Until my darkroom is finished (going slow), I can load up to the three drums at night, and develop at my leisure the following day in my kitchen (motor base). Worth every penny.

But it is amazing how these things come together. I found a Jobo water tempering bath for carbon printing to keep the pigmented gelatin at 110F for a few hours, and then when another crossed my path, I bought it as a back-up and for workshops. One of those things that just make life a little easier. I am glad I did not have to pay new prices on these, but I might have bought one if I had to.

I just bought a friend's darkroom equipment..sink, fan, trays, you name it...including a CPA2 with lift with assorted drums and tanks. I have not tried it out yet...it looks to be a fearsome beast, but when I build a flat place for it, I'll man-up and face it. Just using a motor base has been fine for 8x10, and SS tanks/SS lids/SS reels for 120 film is fine -- agitating those double 120 tanks, one in each hand, is a good upper body exercise! But the possibility of doing a sheet of 11x14 film in a drum is interesting -- is there a drum recommended for 11x14 film developing?
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    What would the 3000 drums buy me?

Thanks
    5x7 and 8x10

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    ...if you ever plan to shoot something like ADOX IR400 film in 4x5 you basically have to get a 3010 because the film is so thin it is possible it will fall out of the 2509n reels, where the 3010 is just a hole so you don't have to worry it will shift or fall out.
    That is simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I bought a 3005 drum new awhile back. I paid $200 more than that for a used one many years later, then eventually another used one at the price of the first one. Until my darkroom is finished (going slow), I can load up to the three drums at night, and develop at my leisure the following day in my kitchen (motor base). Worth every penny.

But it is amazing how these things come together. I found a Jobo water tempering bath for carbon printing to keep the pigmented gelatin at 110F for a few hours, and then when another crossed my path, I bought it as a back-up and for workshops. One of those things that just make life a little easier. I am glad I did not have to pay new prices on these, but I might have bought one if I had to.

I just bought a friend's darkroom equipment..sink, fan, trays, you name it...including a CPA2 with lift with assorted drums and tanks. I have not tried it out yet...it looks to be a fearsome beast, but when I build a flat place for it, I'll man-up and face it. Just using a motor base has been fine for 8x10, and SS tanks/SS lids/SS reels for 120 film is fine -- agitating those double 120 tanks, one in each hand, is a good upper body exercise! But the possibility of doing a sheet of 11x14 film in a drum is interesting -- is there a drum recommended for 11x14 film developing?
    Nice, I wish I had more than one 3005 two would be nice.

I'll need to get two 3010's at some point.

But first a CPP2 with lift or ATL, I think the 3010's are too short to fit on my roller base without worrying about it sliding off, the 3005 works well on the roller base and for 4x5 the 2551 with 2509n reels work in my super old CPE original.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425448929.120562.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	130270

To answer your question, I personally use a 3063 for one or two sheets on a roller base, it kind of looks tipsy but it works.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425448898.641924.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	130269

You can also use any of these version of the print drums here for a single 11x14 at a time.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425449052.566789.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	130271

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425449065.782551.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	130272

I would use the inserts to keep the sheets in place and avoid scratching, but none are designed like the 3005 style, its unfortunate they didn't at least make an 11x14 version that fits the same tube style design.

I found a JOBO unit on Craigslist locally-a 2500 Series with loading guide. Got
    it for a really nice price.

StoneNYC,

That is a sweet set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by CropDusterMan View Post
    I found a JOBO unit on Craigslist locally-a 2500 Series with loading guide. Got
    it for a really nice price.

StoneNYC,

That is a sweet set-up.
    Thanks, it's better than nothing but ultimately I would prefer to have a CPP2 with lift or smaller ATL that could handle all the tanks instead of switching bases for different sized tanks, and then with better temp control I wouldn't need to use the sink area either.

But for now it works!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Thanks, it's better than nothing but ultimately I would prefer to have a CPP2 with lift or smaller ATL that could handle all the tanks instead of switching bases for different sized tanks, and then with better temp control I wouldn't need to use the sink area either.

But for now it works!
    There is only one size ATL that handles all tanks and it is not small.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    There is only one size ATL that handles all tanks and it is not small.
    The ATL2 that can be seated in the CPP2 red well seems to be popular and that takes all tanks. Or am I missing something?

Which Jobo system would any of you recommend for 4x5 and how much should I pay for it?

Thanks.
    --Mario

Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    Which Jobo system would any of you recommend for 4x5 and how much should I pay for it?

Thanks.
    You can read about the different processors here:
    http://www.catlabs.info/how-to-choos...jobo-processor