Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Click stops not clicking on Componon S

Re: Click stops not clicking on Componon S

Seems like it might be a little bit too small
    Also looks small to me. If too small you will have some "play" at each "stop". If necessary, you can dissolve the epoxy in acetone. To check the size before gluieng, place it in one of the v-grooves and look sideways with a loupe (or reversed camera lens). Between 1/2 and 2/3 of the sphere should be above "ground level".
    Best of luck.

It was too small, pushed down through the hole...

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard_L View Post
    Also looks small to me. If too small you will have some "play" at each "stop". If necessary, you can dissolve the epoxy in acetone. To check the size before gluieng, place it in one of the v-grooves and look sideways with a loupe (or reversed camera lens). Between 1/2 and 2/3 of the sphere should be above "ground level".
    Best of luck.
    Robert Oliver

Had this same 150 mm Componon. My understanding is that for the engagement there is an embossed protrusion in the copper plate that simple wears out over time. Mine had clear signs of wear (nice bright copper surface) and a small hole in the middle where the metal was completely worn. Cleaned it and put a drop of solder there that pretty much copied the shape, and therefore the function of the original. Simple fix that won't last as well as the original as tin softer then copper. I guess originally Schneider would have replaced the copper plate as a consumable. I'm somewhat surprised though that they used a solution that clearly didn't last well in a professional environment where the aperture may be changed many times a day, meaning continuous wear. The solution with a steel ball bearing + spring is much more permanent.