Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordering from USA

Ordering from USA

Dave, what is the weight of this back, i have heard it is heavy.

Ordering from USA

I would recommend you to contact Robert White (I usualy deal with Ken - ken@robertwhite.co.uk). They are excellent to deal with and yes, they do sell Shen Hao stuff, but do not advertise it on their web site. At time I made some calculations comparing prices if buying from RW or Badger. I find difference to little to be worth the hassle with our customs, but then exchange ratio is different now, so you might do your own calculations, especially if you put Chinese dealer in to equation. And I would like to know you, that I don't have anything with RW. I'm just satisfied customer.

Marko

Ordering from USA

Marko, thanks for the advice!!!! I spoke with Robert White today who DOES stock Shen Hao - all the cameras AND both 6x12 and 6x17 roll film backs! Matt, who works with Robert, has been out trying the 6x17 back on an Ebony with a 90mm lens and has very good things to say about the build/quality! The cost is amazing too! Roll film back and viewing screen come in at well under £500 (incl VAT)! For a 6x17 back?? I ordered one today (he has plenty in stock) and when I've put some film through it I will report back for anyone that's interested!