Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New film from Begger! BERGGER Pancro 400

Re: New film from Begger! BERGGER Pancro 400

On a secondary FB page here,

This is written, 'The Bergger company was begun over a century ago by French manufacturer Guilleminot. The company manufactures monochrome photographic film 35mm to 20"x24" as well as photographic paper and chemicals.'

References[edit]
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    "...The company manufactures monochrome photographic film 35mm to 20"x24" as well as photographic paper and chemicals.'"
    This means "The company pays contract-manufacturing houses to manufacture film, paper and chemicals that it markets."

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    This means "The company pays contract-manufacturing houses to manufacture film, paper and chemicals that it markets."
    And?
    Tin Can

And?
    It's possible that I've misconstrued your post; if so, my apologies. What point did you want to convey with that excerpt?

To be clear, it's OK by me if they're contracting out their manufacturing, so long as the product is of high quality and consistently available.

And?
    It perhaps means... That school's starting up again (for Bergger).
    Time to "Go Down the Rabbit Hole" once more.

If you watch close... History does nothing but repeat itself.

It's possible that I've misconstrued your post; if so, my apologies. What point did you want to convey with that excerpt?

To be clear, it's OK by me if they're contracting out their manufacturing, so long as the product is of high quality and consistently available.
    I was interested in pointing out up to 20X24" film. I was not clear.

I was simply quoting Bergger's own source, which was linked from their FB page announcement. A paper trail as it were....
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    I'll bet it's okay. I have a box of TMY expired in 2000 sitting in a cupboard in my darkroom. I shot a sheet in the backyard and it's fine with a wee bit of fog.
    That wee bit of fog is quite honestly a good thing for two reasons. First, since the film has the ability to build density to the moon the fog does not get in the way, it just add a bit of printing time to the final product. Secondly, one can use this fog like a pre flash and I have found that I can actually get a higher effective film speed out of it. Takes a bit of getting used to, but not a bad thing at all.

I got an e mail from Linhof Studio this past Friday saying that they had just received for sale Bergger Panchro 400 sheet film, 4 X 5, 5 X 7 and 8 X 10. This e mail included the statement "...based on Kodak's XX Super emulsion." (Maybe " XX Super" rather than "Super XX" resulted in translating from the French?) I can't see anything on Linhof Studio's website about this new film being "based on" Super XX, just in the e mail I got from them. Perhaps this is already general knowledge but I was not aware of it so am reporting it here.

Their price for 25 sheets of 4 X 5 is 34 GBP which converts to 52.66 USD. As of yesterday B&H in the US shows this film available from them only in 35 mm and Freestyle doesn't show it at all.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Lindquist View Post
    This e mail included the statement "...based on Kodak's XX Super emulsion." (Maybe " XX Super" rather than "Super XX" resulted in translating from the French?) I can't see anything on Linhof Studio's website about this new film being "based on" Super XX, just in the e mail I got from them.
    Oy... not this again.

< sigh >

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...Super-XX-clone

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...oycott-digital

On past performance, I'd place very little weight on any such claims by Bergger. Run your own tests, and evaluate this new film on its own merits. Super XX is gone and is not coming back.

Oy... not this again.

< sigh >

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...Super-XX-clone

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...oycott-digital

On past performance, I'd place very little weight on any such claims by Bergger. Run your own tests, and evaluate this new film on its own merits. Super XX is gone and is not coming back.
    I posted this also on apug and got this reply from Bergger:

"David,

It is a mistake from them since only the former BRF 200 and 400 were based on super XX emulsion.

We changed the name from BRF to Pancro because the film is really different from what you know from us.

Because Bergger is a small company, it take time for us to spread the new film worldwide. At the moment you can buy it in France, UK, Germany and Australia ... Soon, wolrdwide "

David