Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Whats the verdict on Adobe CC?

Re: Whats the verdict on Adobe CC?

I have it for about two weeks now and they did fix a couple of things. it now opens and closes large files faster. That's great. They also fixed the magic spotting tool. It now works much faster... It's not perfect, just a little better.

I still haven't figured out how to protect myself, I don't have the time at the moment...

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

Noobie to LF

ive been using PS for ages. and I have to say, i dont like 'renting' a program. Dont like it at all.

With that being said, the price IS cheap at $10 a month. I learn more things about how to use PS every day, usually forget it a day later but that just means I can re-learn it :P

I like being able to have a constantly up to date program, thats a plus. The addition of new features is great too when they are available.

I use ps pretty much on a daily basis whether Im working on a photo I took with a digital camera or film so its a good investment as far as im concerned.

LR6 CC is now available.
    Tin Can

OK, now there is an answer to this. They just released another update and now its worth it. They fixed the Spot Healing Brush. It's now almost as instant as cloning. no more waiting. I'm working on a 7.4 Gig image and the response is right away....

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

Lenny, some of PS now uses late model GPUs for certain options.

I wonder how some of us with older systems could benefit?
    Any idea?

Thanks.

There's a bunch of improvements.

Yes it is worth more.

All you need is a good enough computer.

I have a lot of new things I will trying, not necessarily for LF.

Quick scratch and ram dump.
    Tin Can

Randy, did you palettes change size when you did the update? Mine did, and I haven't figured out how to make them smaller. They're as small as they can be made by dragging the edges.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    Randy, did you palettes change size when you did the update? Mine did, and I haven't figured out how to make them smaller. They're as small as they can be made by dragging the edges.

Peter, can't help you there, just had install issues which failed my keyboard in Chrome at the exact moment I loaded 2015 PS CC on Win8.1. I could type in Win, but not in Chrome until restart, mouse was fine all USB ports were fine. Odd

Adobe did warn to close ALL apps, but I guess missed Chrome was open. CC PS 2015 seems snappier, but not really exploring yet.

Now on to the Mac upload.
    Tin Can

Preston Birdwell

Hey guys,

A member over at NPN has posted some detailed instructions and notes regarding this latest update to PSCC.

If the link doesn't work, go to NPN's general Discussion Forum. The thread is titled "Photoshop CC 2015 Is Released" by Paul DeCesare.

I hope this helps those of you who are using PSCC.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Lenny, some of PS now uses late model GPUs for certain options.

I wonder how some of us with older systems could benefit?
    Any idea?

Thanks.
    Lightroom CC / Lightroom 6 also now supports GPU acceleration as well! Here are some details on the GPU support that's been added to PS, LR, and Camera Raw:

Summary:

1. GPU support is currently available in Develop only.
    2. Most (but not all) Develop controls benefit from GPU acceleration.
    3. Using the GPU involves some overhead (there's no free lunch). This may make some operations take longer, such as image-to-image switching or zooming to 1:1. Newer GPUs and computer systems minimize this overhead.
    4. The GPU performance improvement in Develop is more noticeable on higher-resolution displays such as 4K. The bigger the display, the bigger the win.
    5. Prefer newer GPUs (faster models within the last 3 years). Lightroom may technically work on older GPUs (4 to 5 years old) but likely will not benefit much. At least 1 GB of GPU memory. 2 GB is better.
    6. We're currently investigating using GPUs and other technologies to improve performance in Develop and other areas of the app going forward.

The above notes also apply to Camera Raw 9.0 for Photoshop/Bridge CC.
    The above is taken from a post by an Adobe employee, here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1828580

So, it seems like pretty much any GPU is supported as long as it has over 1GB of memory: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb...oting-faq.html

For those of us with dedicated video cards and multiple displays, this is a huge upgrade of Photoshop and Lightroom. I've got a giant Nvidia GTX 680 with 4 GB of memory (this one), that barely fits in my PC case and takes up three expansion card slots. Now I can finally get some benefit out of it besides just when playing video games ;-)
    -Adam