Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got me a new camera, it's an odd one.

Re: Just got me a new camera, it's an odd one.

Quote Originally Posted by plaubel View Post
    But attention, the same problem with the edges here.

Lucky, who has some original film holders, so the dimension of the edges can be compared with any offer.
    Otherwise, there exists a "Rada catalogue" online, who discribes a lot of different edges, even with details.

Using 4x5" filmholders is possible, if you are willing to screw a wooden frame around the camera, which then will carry a common international back.

With some accurate measuring it is able to bring a 6x9 rollfilm back to an original filmholder.

Attachment 129181

I found I have 5 9x12 "Huttig Akt, Dresden" plate holders, some of the Huttig cameras continued after 1908 as ICA's then later as Zeiss Ikon. They are the correct double lip for for ICA, Goerz and Ernemann cameras.

The Ernemann camera I have will actually take single lip Rollex roll film backs so the ICA might as well.

Ian

Great information, thank you, Ian.
    My double/mono lips systems are not compatible.
    For 9x12, I have a Zeiss, a Paul Zeh, and some Nonames, and they are all different.

It also was unable to change the ground glasses(without frame) between the cameras, different sizes here, too.

Cheers,
    Ritchie

About nine months ago a seller in China was offering on eBay a 9x12cm/4x5 conversion back for about $125. It was made out of plastic, and I think you had to remove the 4x5 ground glass when inserting a modern double-sided film holder.

I never saw one, and don't know how practical it is. There are no current listings for this gadget, but here's a link to an old auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adapter-to-t...item3ce18ba7fe

OP, you're lucky that your 9x12cm uses the most common holder type, and in my experience those Kodak holders are really easy to load with sheet film. But the felt light seals on my several 9x12cm cameras are a little leaky so you might want to test yours with a tiny flashlight inside the camera.

The Jobo 2509 reel can take six 9x12cm sheets, and I've had good results using it in a hand-inverted Jobo 2521 tank.

But the felt light seals on my several 9x12cm cameras are a little leaky
    Modern velvet (not felt) ribbon can be used as a replacement, although it may need a little distance piece underneath as it is probably a little thinner than the original velvet. The old velvet is very attractive for certain insects and there can be tracks like woodworm!

Steven, thanks for the clarification of felt versus velvet. What type of adhesive should be used to hold the new velvet in place?