Re: What are your dark room "luxuries?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nodda Duma View Post
    The beer fridge is in the darkroom.
    That's really for film, but...
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Looks sweet: Alistair Inglis 8x20 Contact Printer

Do they give you some extra space around the negative? For printing 11x14 negs, for example, I need at least 12x15 for the print material.
    Vaughn, I'll measure mine this evening and get back to you. I shoot 7x17, but purchased the 8x20 contact printer because I have a stash of 8x20 Lodima and cut my 20x24 Azo down to 8x20.

Oh yeah, for those of you using alt processes, my latest luxury is one of these: http://www.lightmeasure.com/
    It arrived yesterday...

I bought one of those cheap wireless Xmitter Receiver thingy's so I can listen to You-Tube music of choice, or even the occasional speaker I'm interested in. Anything the computer can stream, I can listen to in the dark. I consider that a nice modern luxury I didn't have in the past.

Luxuries? uh...

I appreciate having an enlarger that goes up and down without having to turn a crank. That's what my Beseler 45MCRX has. I appreciate having a 4 bladed easel. Instead of hanging my prints on clips, I've actually made racks to hold my prints while they dry. I have the luxury of having a lot of paper that will take me quite a while to go through, as well as a lot of Arista EDU 4x5 film. I started around a year and a half ago and the darkroom can't really be permanent in this rental apartment.
    I'm armed with a Wisner 4x5 Technical Field and a lot of hope. I got this. Oh, and my name's Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bowen View Post
    Oh yeah, for those of you using alt processes, my latest luxury is one of these: http://www.lightmeasure.com/
    It arrived yesterday...
    Dang...something I'll probably spend money on! let us know how it works for you! Might be great for bouncing between light sources!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

These are some of the items in my darkroom that I consider luxuries:

Condit registration system for my Durst 138S
    Air actuated on/off foot switches for lights on the wet side of the darkroom
    Magnetic Stirring plate
    iPod connected to the stereo system
    Night vision goggles for emergencies
    and a well stocked fridge with film and other essentials for a long evening in the darkroom

(Shrek)

I need a bigger darkroom fridge....

Vaughn,
    The largest paper I could use in my 8x20 contact printer is 8.75x21. However, note Alistair indicates he can custom make you any size so perhaps a 14x17 or 16x20 will work for you if the 11x14 is a tad too small. I found Alistair very easy to deal with. He gave me realistic time frames on when to expect delivery. Both my contact print frame and print washer are VERY well made.

Heating, my new darkroom is at the bottom of my garden.

WiFi access (and a PC) for the Internet and my 2tb WD My Book Live to access data, scans, digital prints (rare0, scanned technical books, my music.

Bluetooth & HiFi, I'm not that technically savvy but have a spare HiFi amp and speakers so can stream music from Mobile phone, Ipad, My Book Live etc to it. I like my music - the wife prefers TV but she won't be in the darkroom

That's the unnecessary luxuries.

My new darkroom has 3 enlargers & room for 2 more possibly 3 (I have them under the benches), Jobo & Nova processors, a dry mounting press, and digital facilities (computer, scanner & printer), only thing missing is a UV light setup for Alternative processes).

It'll be in use not quite fully finished by Friday

Ian