Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chamonix F1

Re: Chamonix F1

I've had my F1 for about a year and a half and love it. As for your questions:
    1 - I'm fine with mine. The Cambo I started with didn't have a fresnel and it might be slightly easier for me to see, but I'm fine with the one on the F1.
    2 - As said already, it doesn't lock, though it does stay fairly well. I do wish there were detents, but it just makes me slow down a little more. Not really a bad thing; I just have to remember to pay attention.
    3 - I haven't tried IR with mine, but I thought there was someone here who has? Maybe it works to just add your darkcloth on top before you pull the darkslide? IR is definitely on my list of things to try, so I guess I'll find out, too.

Overall, while it does take a little time and getting used to to set it up, I really like mine. It's light enough to haul around easily and still has seemed sturdy enough to me. I can't say I've used it as much as I'd like to, yet, but hopefully I'll be able to use it more once we move back to PA.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    iphone using the inclinometer.
    Rather you than me! How likely are those things to be reliable and consistent to say half a degree? Either way, it'd still be quicker to just use front tilt in the first instance rather than trying to transfer back tilt to front. These things ain't Sinars!

Quote Originally Posted by dave_whatever View Post
    How likely are those things to be reliable and consistent to say half a degree?
    Probably more reliable and consistent than the zero detents on most cameras.