Thread: 8X10 Darkslide

8X10 Darkslide

Hello,

I am looking for one dark slide for 8x10 Fildeity deluxe to cut it for 4X10. Unfortunately I can't find anybody on web, where I can buy used one. Does anybody knows where I can look at it?

Thanks.

8X10 Darkslide

Peter,

Talk to Midwest Photo Exchange. They might have a cheap junk holder you can cannibalize for parts. FWIW I never throw away film holders that have run afoul with the forces of darkness---I just put them in my cannibal box---you never know when you'll need some parts.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

8X10 Darkslide

Midwest has them, also, you can buy them already cut from Bender for about $30. Considering how much the slide alone costs, this isn't a bad deal.

Steve

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

8X10 Darkslide

Actually, Bender no longer makes the 4X10 darkslides. However, it's pretty easy to get one from B&H or used from E-Bay and cut it yourself; do a search on this forum- there's plenty of earlier posts on this topic.
    Brian Vuillemenot

8X10 Darkslide

I got a "panormaic adapter" from Bender just a few months ago . Try the following:

http://www.benderphoto.com/8access.htm
    or drop him a note.

Works for me....

Cheers

8X10 Darkslide

Hi Chet,

I called Benderphoto and they have it in stock, I asked him a question about the size of the cut in dark slode and he answered to me it is precisely to half.

Did you try to work with it? My concern is that if you make two pictures, the edge of both will overlap. Actually, I would prefer to have darkslide cut more like 4 1/16 x 10. That means if you switch darkslide, you will get the edge at the center of the 8X10 by 1/8 inch.

Peter.

8X10 Darkslide

I believe you meant to take the dimension in the other direction, Peter (i.e. something less than 4x10). And, I'd agree that having a "window" that created two separate images with a reasonable border between them would make sense. That may in fact be what Bender has done, but his description may have been imprecise.

Another element to consider is how the resulting images will be printed, matted and framed. Additionally, whether the individual images on the sheet might actually need different development for optimal results. It could be, for example, that using an entire 8x10 sheet of film, and printing with a contact-print mask to accomplish the 4x10-ish cropping, would actually be more practical.

8X10 Darkslide

Ralph,

You are right. I meant the part which is not cut, so cut sixe is 3 15/16 x 10. Regarding your second suggestion, I intend to use one back to shoot one shot with bracketing so, different development need is more likely to be not a consideration element, but thank you for pointing this out. I think it is a good point for other LF Photographers.

I am trying to find out if anybody uses Benderphoto slide and what is his experience with ovelapping