Hi Folks,

I know this probably sounds such a general question but I'll go ahead anyway and ask.

I've been to several locations in Scotland (Wester Ross/Glencoe/Trossachs/Moray coast/Glen Affric/Sutherland) but always in October-March, with the exception of the north coast of Sutherland in mid-summer, when to me the landscape looks "very Scottish". You know, snow-capped or full-on snow covered mountains, red-russet grasses, draich/moist conditions and cracking light. Because of other commitments, me and the better half are planning a week away early May this year. To me it's too late to expect snow covered peaks and I guess most of the snow-melt giving gushing rivers will be gone.

So, to all those with better knowledge of Scotland where would you say comes alive in Scotland photographically in early May? We were considering Arran (very climeable peaks, easy access to both coastlines for sunrise/sunset, possibility of very early coastal wildflowers?) or Glencoe (mountains much more walkable for average Joe compared to Oct-Mar, rivers in full flow?). Welcome ideas.

Cheers

Graham