Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebay seller using copyrighted Book pictures

Re: Ebay seller using copyrighted Book pictures

But reappeared this morning (GMT) unchanged. Looks like a suspension and then reinstatement.

I'll send a mail to Corrado to-day - guessing his reaction is second best!

I also noticed he removed, then relisted it several times. Guessing what this seller it thinking is impossible. You should see the wacky ebay messages back from him when I recommended he not use Corrado's material. Very arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    I also noticed he removed, then relisted it several times. Guessing what this seller it thinking is impossible. You should see the wacky ebay messages back from him when I recommended he not use Corrado's material. Very arrogant.
    Why are you the vigilante of copyrights on Ebay? If you have that much time to waste in making others have a hard time tuning a buck in a way you do not approve of, there are banks and government agencies that are far more evil then some joe shmoe on ebay selling old lenses.

It is more arrogant that you assume to contact this person on behalf of someone else...

Q/ How many photographers and forum pages does it take to quietly and personally inform a copyright owner of a possible infringement?
    A/ Apparently it can't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnton View Post
    My father, when I pointed fingers, imparted the wisdom to me that he really didn't care what everyone else was doing---that I should be paying attention to what I was doing. That this should be enough work for me. He was right. Don't you guys have better things to do?
    Thanks, but I'd rather just watch:
    Large format: http://flickr.com/michaeldarnton
    Mostly 35mm: http://flickr.com/mdarnton
    You want digital, color, etc?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradofear

We could (and have) spent much time talking about crazy sh..stuff on ebay, like cameras being advertised for $100,000 and the like. Aside from its sheer entertainment value and ridiculousness, it's a waste of time beyond that... so I won't mention that some transactions on ebay seem to be money laundering operations...

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Why doesn't someone buy the lens; that would end. The listing with no further adoo.

Corrado says in an email to me to-day:

Dear Steven,
    first of all thanks for your email.
    I think if it is mentioned or even photographed a page with a clear indication of the author of the book and there are no problems.
    If the page or the text is copied without the indication of the book and the author there is a breach of copyright.

I I still have copies of the book and as I write I am preparing the next book on the optical Austrian and German in 1800
    that I hope to bring to Bievres in June 2015.

I'm taking a long time to define the dates of the objectives Voigtlaender.

Until now I have viewed 160 goals(? objectives - meaning lenses) trying to indicate exactly the year of construction.
    If someone from the forum would like to show me the details of their lens Voigtlaender this would make it even wider my casuistry.
    A friendly greeting
    Corrado

My italics! I'll repeat the interest in seeing more 19th century Voigtländer lenses elsewhere.

I don't know about the technicalities or the legalities involved, but I commend him for having a reasonable attitude about the whole situation. I know that is how I feel about my "academic works": when they get re-used... all I really want is an honest citation and acknowlegement.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I don't know about the technicalities or the legalities involved, but I commend him for having a reasonable attitude about the whole situation. I know that is how I feel about my "academic works": when they get re-used... all I really want is an honest citation and acknowlegement.
    tell that to the OP.

He can read for himself. Not everyone shares our opinion; and that's OK.