Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reference's on Rick Heitman and toyo camera

Reference's on Rick Heitman and toyo camera

I know this is sort of off topic, however I am looking at purchasing a toyo setup from Rick Heitman. The price he is offering is within the range I am looking at however, before I complete the deal, I was wondering if anybody has dealt with him before.

This is a large amout of money for me and since he responded to my post on this board, was wonderig if anybody can vouch for him before making the purchase...

Thanks,

Jon

I haven't sold or purchased anything from Rick, but I've interacted with him over on the Colorado Nature Photographers group for several months. He's a solid citizen; I wouldn't hesitate to enter a transaction with him.

i mirror rich's sentiments. i know rick from the CNP forum as well, ans he's a great guy.

Same sentiments here. He's a frequent contributor on the CNP forum. He's always insightful, honest and humorous. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.

Thanks for the positive feedback...it is always good to hear these types of references......it makes the transaction go quicker with more peace of mind...

Jon

Well, now I am confused. I have had several good references from people that are aquainted with him and vouch for him, however, I am getting people that have dealt with him regarding buying/selling equiment, and am hearing other stories that put him in a different light......

JA

Octogenarian

Hi Jon,

I've never heard of Rick before. His integrity probably has nothing to do with your feelings. It appears to me that your intuition is telling you to pass up this particular deal. You would be wise to listen to your inner feelings. There are plenty of legitimate camera stores out there that have new and previously owned Toyo equipment. You may need to pay a little more, but buying from a reputible dealer will give you the option of returning the merchandise if it didn't meet your expectations. You might loose the shipping charges. At least, you would be assured of getting your money back. I learned that lesson the hard way.

To all persons that may want to do business with Rick Heitman. Beware!!!!! I have been in contact with another fellow that apparently was trying to buy the same equipment as me. This fellow tried to purchase the same equipment over a month before I was and is still trying to recieve the equipment.

I looked at the equipment list that Rick sent the other fellow, and it is exactly the same, in fact, the email list is exactly the same. It appears that Rick is running a scam in so much as he may be taking money and not sending the equipment. After comparing both of our emails, and after asking pointed questions to Rick, he seems to drift into the ethernet.

Buy from this quy at your own risk. I am now wondering if anyone actually has sent him money on this scam...................let me know if anyone would like more information..

JA

Dan,

Actually, I have begun to do that, as well as with the appropriate federal authorities as it may fall under interstate commerce........

Will keep you abreast.

JA

Wow, I could have saved Jon alot of trouble had he asked. So here goes. 1.The Person that Jon talked to did try to buy the GX off Ebay.2. he asked me to send cod. When I went to Pakmail, they would not ship the camera COD period. I then went to the post office, and they said to be weary of someone that wont send the funds, but I could ship it in 3 different packages and get a check for 1000.00 each. No way was I sendind my camera in 3 different packages, and 3 different checks.The buyer then offered to have a friend from arizona or somewhere meet me on I-70 , to which I gladly said yes. Well then the buyer did not ever send anyone. After trying to get paid for almost 30 days , finally the buyer demanded that I use UPS. Jon, the buyer , and whoever reads this will never demand how I ship my cameras.I gave up at that point. Then Jon requested a toy Gx. I did indeed send him the exact email ( as I already had the list). Jon then asked you all. meanwhilke what Jon has forgoitten to tell anyone is that I sent him a email saying that I had a family emergency. ( My father had a massive stroke) I told jon that I would get back to this deal as soon as I could. Sometime in the middle of January, I wrote Jon to see if he still needed a camera. I have never heard a word( and now I know why). So I am very sorry about all the confusion, but had Jon asked me about the other buyer he would be shooting a pristine camera now.From this point whoever needs the camera and will pay for it can have it. If the feds want to see the camera, they can call me and I will gladly show it off, if they want to see where one single person has paid for it, I will open my bank account and let them go at it. If anyone wants to show me a cashed check in my name for the toyo, please show me so I can ship this thing off. I needed to sell this camera and could not get the original buyer to pay me before the camera was in his hands, It is very unfortunate that all this has happened, as my ebay records stands great oother than my son not paying for 2 items for his Taurus. It is even more unfortunate that Jon would talk to a non payer, and then not confront me with questions. This sums up my answer to Jons worries, and once again as I said to him in the last email that he didnt want you all to know about, I hope you find a very nice camera, and please have fun shooting, because the world of 4x5 is a very fun one. Rick H