Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most photogenic beach

Most photogenic beach

John, I think Samoa is across the bridge from Eureka rather than Crescent City.

Most photogenic beach

New Zealand, but you'll have to go in the next 3 to 4 months if you want summer down under.

Anywhere up north, especially around the Coromandel. Beautiful beaches, some with *hot* water, and with plenty of room to move. Nearby there are plenty of beautiful areas, wild beaches, native bush (forest), old gold mines, and a bit further afield hot springs, geysers, boiling mud, volcanoes etc.

Down south, round Nelson and the Abel Tasman National Park. Gorgeous, safe, deserted beaches. Nelson Lakes has some stunning scenery too, and there are many wineries etc.

The best bits are the amazing clarity and the night sky. And we speak English, although you guys may think we drive on the wrong side of the road...

Downsides? Well, the minimum 18 hours flight from the US, 27h plus from Europe...

Most photogenic beach

For actual swimming, variety, hotels, and child-fun, I'd go to Hawaii or the Carribean. For drama and photography - the Oregon or Northern Maine coast (lousy swimming though). Seems like you could find great photos no matter, so why not treat your kid to a fun time?

Most photogenic beach

French Polynesia, in particular; Moorea.

Most photogenic beach

Jeff,
    Right you are! Sorry for my lapse in memory. I found it to be a wonderfully photogenic place though(as well as a great place to eat breakfast!)
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Most photogenic beach

any beach on the south-western Turkey..

Most photogenic beach

I'd agree that for family fun a tropical beach would be better. The water is too cold in Northern California and Oregon to swim. St John in the Virgin Islands isn't bad. It's US territory with Carribean culture, the island is small enough that you don't have to drive much, yet it has some enjoyable diversity and nice beaches.

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Most photogenic beach

The most photogenic beach I have ever seen is in Steinfjorden, Senja, Troms, Norway. It is probably the least family-friendly beach too, as well as being relatively difficult to get to. Add the fact that the sun only shines there for four hours around midnight in June and July, and the next solid ground is in Canada - the other side of the North Pole - and you may begin to understand what's so special about it.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Most photogenic beach

Most photogenic beach? You might try Arizona. No ocean, all beach.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Most photogenic beach

Hi Jack,

Hope you are not of for your holiday yet, and if not then you may consider looking at some picture books of "Wilsons Promontory" In South East Australia. As a Dutchman haven't seen anything as beautiful as this National Park. Incredible stretches photogenic beaches. Very very popular in Ozzie holiday season, Dec./Jan.

Wherever you go, have a great time