Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: WANTED: 18 Photographers for the 2015 LF Folio Exchange. Read before signing up!

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Re: WANTED: 18 Photographers for the 2015 LF Folio Exchange. Read before signing up

Quote Originally Posted by MIke Sherck View Post
    I don't give up easily. With a couple of extra days I'll get the last few prints made and shipped out; they will be there when you return from our trip. Last night I discovered that using water as stop instead of Kodak's indicator smelly stuff is a big help on my lungs.

Mike
    Mike,

Try citric acid (15 grams/liter). No smell and works better and much longer than water.

Thomas

Re: WANTED: 18 Photographers for the 2015 LF Folio Exchange. Read before signing up

Mike: If you want me to print your negative and handle it, I'll send you a Fed-ex number. Sorry to hear news. Get better soon! Do what those nurses say!

Quote Originally Posted by MIke Sherck View Post
    Sorry everyone, especially Jim. I'm back in the hospital as of tonight. I'm officially out. Very sorry!

Mike
    Very sorry to hear this. We'll miss your participation, but best to get proper care.
    Kind regards,
    Dennis

Just saw Robert Langham's kind offer above. Perhaps that could be arranged. Please consider it !
    I know just enough to be dangerous !

Sorry to hear this. I hope it is a short stay.

Rest well, Mike.

Jackie

Mike, I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

And I'm willing to wait until you are fully recovered as long as it's not an inconvenience for Jim.

I was the cause for a long delay in the exchange a few years back. While caretaking a remote ranch in a wilderness for six months in the winter, I thought I could get my prints sent out on the one and only supply plane that would land in March, well I missed the plane.

Take Care,
    Thad
    Thad Gerheim

Hello everyone,
    at this point I believe that my parcel has been lost
    Jim, I go out from the list, and very apologies at all.
    Sergio

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    Hello everyone,
    at this point I believe that my parcel has been lost
    Sergio
    Sergio, for all we know, it may be waiting at Jim's box, so don't give up hope yet.

The decision is Jim to make, but I have no trouble of waiting for either Mike to get better, or someone else to print Mike's neg if he is willing etc.

OK,

I just returned home from my travels and picked up whatever mail was being held, both by the USPS and by my neighbor if they were delivered by another service. Unfortunately, no packages were waiting to be picked up. I understand Mike's situation. I check rc martins's package and it is in some kind of customs limbo, at least for the moment; and I am not sure what I can do on my end, if anything. Sergio's package unfortunately seems to have disappeared from this earth. So where does that put us? First of all, this will get finished but it will just take a little longer than planned. I will be home for the next 7 or 8 days and then I pack my bags for a 14 to 17 day trip to Utah. I obviously will not get this done before I leave. So it will get completed upon my return.

So, Mike, if you think you can get your prints finished by April 10, it will be fine with me. That also gives rc martin's and Sergio' packages a bit more time. I have some members who would like to participate as backups, and if the two overseas packages do not make it, or Mike cannot complete his prints by the time I return, then I will start pursuing the backups. Mike, let me know if this extra time will work for you.

I hope this is OK with everyone. Thanks. Jim

Fine by me. This exchange is always worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    This will be the fifth one and most likely the last as my supply of folios is getting to the point where I will just have enough for myself.
    I just hope you can continue this exchange beyond this year.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Sounds like a plan to me. Mike: offer still stands. Anything else I can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC3010.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	131423
    Whitetail fawn.