Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Keh

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Re: Keh

They used to pull the equipment and look at it on telephone request but no longer. I have always had positive experiences with them. I only order EX or higher.
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Good for you guys...personally I have never ordered anything but BGN!!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Les

Couple of things. Randy mentioned alert system. Well, they (KEH) were suppose to contact me when certain lens becomes available. Yes, they agreed to it. Well, good thing I occasionally did check the site and to my surprise 2 lenses (identical) were listed....and I purchased one. Recently I send them an email if they would consider assembling a full camera system + necessary accessories and several lenses. To my surprise, the answer was "yes"....with a caveat that there would be additional charges for each piece....running it via repairs. I expected such and don't object to latter.

But, overall, my experience (or luck ) with them has been excellent.

Les

I recently had another wonderful experience with them. I had some gear that would have not likely sold for much here or over on ebay (besides I hate using ebay). I sold my gear to KEH. Got more than I expected.

I have bought lenses, film holders and a light meter from them. Most items I buy in BGN condition are wonderful, some lately have been truly BGN, but I can't complain because that is what I paid for.

If you want excellent condition gear, buy ex or above. If you can live with less, buy bgn. I think it is silly to have an expectation for bgn to be in ex condition. I also think it's silly to expect their call center to be able to describe an item on demand. They have the lowest prices of any one I have seen. At some point a buyer has to realize there is a reason for this. If you don't like it, quit whining and pay more from someone else.

I swear I am not a shill, I may be shrill, but not a KEH pawn.

I just took advantage of their 2 day 40% off accessories, not cameras and not lenses. Sale is still current. If it had included lenses, I would have bought 3... I tried.

I wanted all the things I selected, almost all EX, a real variety of little stuff totaling exactly their required $200, which was reduced to $120 with free shipping.

I was looking all over for this gear and even at the $200 total is was cheaper than anywhere else, at 40% off I couldn't pass it up.

ymmv
    Tin Can

Well now you've done it!

I just bought a motor drive for my F2 for $71.40 + tax. Along with some other odds and ends. Another DK-17m eyepiece for my D700/800 (if you haven't used one, you should try, it's fantastic).

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Well now you've done it!

I just bought a motor drive for my F2 for $71.40 + tax. Along with some other odds and ends. Another DK-17m eyepiece for my D700/800 (if you haven't used one, you should try, it's fantastic).
    I'm done for the day, I have GIXEN waiting to pounce on a lens tomorrow night.
    Tin Can

Today they changed the sale to 50% off.

But they are out of the things I want.
    Tin Can

Yeah I saw that, wow! They must want to get rid of a bunch of stock.

Last night there was a Leica Motor-M I was tempted by. It was under $250 with the 40% off, so, it would've been only about $200 today, but someone grabbed it I guess. C'est la vie. I certainly don't need it!

They are in Chicago buying today, but not until it falls from my cold dead hands...

They pay very little for anything analog. Way way lower than even the give away prices that members here sell for.
    Tin Can