Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E6 (Color Reversal) Film Developing - 6 bath method

Re: E6 (Color Reversal) Film Developing - 6 bath method

Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    I have been doing E-6 3-bath kit since 2004 but just purchased a HUGE quantity of Kodak 6-bath E-6. Is there some interesting or secret information in the video?
    I don't think there is anything secretive about what's in the video but there may be some tips that you may find useful.

I purchased all my chemicals from southpoint.com. The general manager, Sean, is very nice and knowledgeable. This was really the only distributor I could find that sold all the chemicals in reasonable quantities and that were willing to ship via a 3rd party carrier. You'll have chemistry for hundreds of 4x5 and/or rolls of film. This was another reason for producing the video; getting all of the information together took me 1.5 months so I figured there must be others like me who would like to process their own E6.

Hey Dan,
    That sounds like a cool project. Maybe video worthy?
    I'm glad you liked the video!
    Thanks,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Great video. I watched the whole thing and posted it on a few friends FB pages.

Thank you!
    Thanks Randy!

southpoint.com looks like some kind of travel website, and nothing to do with photography. Is that a mistake?

Also, mind sharing the prices you are getting chemicals for? I get the E6 3-Bath Tetenal kit, to make 5 liters, for $100, which lasts me about 6-8 months (divided into two 2.5L batches). I have no issues with 3-bath compared to 6-bath (and don't believe it is significantly "more stable" or anything) but curious what the price would be, and if it'd be any less.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	125560
    Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    southpoint.com looks like some kind of travel website, and nothing to do with photography. Is that a mistake?
    Also, mind sharing the prices you are getting chemicals for? I get the E6 3-Bath Tetenal kit, to make 5 liters, for $100, which lasts me about 6-8 months (divided into two 2.5L batches). I have no issues with 3-bath compared to 6-bath (and don't believe it is significantly "more stable" or anything) but curious what the price would be, and if it'd be any less.
    My apologies. The website is southpointphoto.com
    The chemicals with freight cost me ~$750. I've attached a pic that shows the quantities and prices. It sounds like a lot of money but you get a huge amount of chemistry.

Thanks.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by assanto View Post
    I purchased all my chemicals from southpoint.com. The general manager, Sean, is very nice and knowledgeable. This was really the only distributor I could find that sold all the chemicals in reasonable quantities and that were willing to ship via a 3rd party carrier. You'll have chemistry for hundreds of 4x5 and/or rolls of film. This was another reason for producing the video; getting all of the information together took me 1.5 months so I figured there must be others like me who would like to process their own E6.
    Sorry, southpointphoto.com not southpoint.com.

Nice. $750 isn't a lot if it lasts for a long, long time, but I'd be worried about the lifespan of the chemicals myself. Proper storage techniques would be paramount. Since $750 equates to roughly 7 years of my 3-bath kit, I think I'll keep with that, but if ever E-6 seems to be on its last legs, I would likely buy in bulk like that and hopefully have enough for a long time. I still have right now hundreds and hundreds of sheets and rolls of E-6 film.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I think that's the kit that I bought off Thomas for $150 (still mostly full). I figure that if I get 2x worth of the Tetenal 5 liter kits out, there I am even. Hopefully the chemical will last longer... He really needs the space back...

Here is a follow up video...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwTMUwhoiuw