Thread: hard lens case option

hard lens case option

I went to Cabelas in search of the elusive 22lr round and was disappointed. They did have some nice "cans" for storing and transporting shotgun shells. I think this box is for four boxes of shotgun shells. It was $6.98, made in the USA and very lightweight compared to normal mil surplus boxes. It has a gasket around the lid so I'd expect it to be water resistant very well. It will fit in my backpack better than reel cases which are great for car/home or inside a pelican case.

It is not big enough for film holders but could protect 2-4 lenses depending on how they are wrapped.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141123_101102.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	125449

Re: hard lens case option

And for my other favorite gear

Name:	IMG_20141123_100722-Edit.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	125450

Two snaps and a twist.

Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems(retired)

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    I went to Cabelas in search of the elusive 22lr round and was disappointed. They did have some nice "cans" for storing and transporting shotgun shells. I think this box is for four boxes of shotgun shells. It was $6.98, made in the USA and very lightweight compared to normal mil surplus boxes. It has a gasket around the lid so I'd expect it to be water resistant very well. It will fit in my backpack better than reel cases which are great for car/home or inside a pelican case.

It is not big enough for film holders but could protect 2-4 lenses depending on how they are wrapped.

Name:	IMG_20141123_101102.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	125449
    Price is definitely right!

The first time i heard of Cabelas, I was driving cross country to the mother ship, we had to stop. Great stores. Now they are even in suburbia...
    Tin Can

For around-the-house storage I use cigar boxes by ACID brand cigars (Drew Estates). They are pretty stout for a cigar box and come cheap (free or <$5) if you ask for them. They look really pretty too if you take off the labels and do some light refinishing.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!