Hi,

I am new to drum scanning and this is my first time using a drum scanner. Here are some questions that I have.

1. Do I connect the apple keyboard to the dongle on the back of the Mac. I think I have to use an adaptor because the keyboard has a usb port. Do I need to connect the mouse to the dongle?

2. What is the Diff Lock Silicone oil used for? What cleaner do you recommend for the drums? Do you like using the Scan Gel?

3. I have some Scan Science Lumina Scanning fluid that I used when I wet mounted my film for my Epson 4990 scanner. They said it is better than the Kami Fluid, would you use it?

4. I planned on mounting a 6x7 (Provia 400) transparency with the emulsion side down like they said in the manual, is this how you did it? What aperature would you recommend?

5. Is there anything I should pay attention to when I mount the film on the drum with the mounting station, doing the scanning or anything else that they have might not talked about in the manual.

I just powered up the scanner and I was able to get the drum to turn but it didn't scan. I was getting error readings from the Host (Dell) computer. Does anyone have an idea of what to do. My Samsung 940S won't work with the Dell is there a better monitor than the Princeton 17inch that I could buy? I am not able to get the Apple G3 to get into the operating system even though it does boot up. I did plug the monitor into the G3 and ran it seperate, the screen did show the software running, but wasn't displaying the video correctly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scanner4.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	125263 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scanner1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	125264 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scanner2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	125265 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scanner3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	125266