Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keh

Wink Keh

You know, KEH just slays me with their indefensible attitude regarding not wanting to answer questions over the phone about their products!!!

I just got off the phone with them. They have a camera available marked "As Is", that obviously has something wrong with it, and beyond the two word description "Without bellows," I'd like to know its condition. Does it have additional problems? So, giving them a call, the automated response says,

"If you have a question about a product listed online, please press 1."

OK, So Far So Good . . .

A sales person comes on the line, and after asking my question, and having some back and forth, he declares with exasperation that (paraphrasing), "I can't go clear back to the warehouse, fish it out of the bag, and . . . (Etc.)"

Oh my God, Oh my God (!!!), he'd have to go fish it out of a bag and look at it to respond to my questions. The world's coming to an end!

I mean, after all, the message said that I could press 1.

Without leaving his desk, the sales person did try to help by hypothesizing that marked "As Is", the camera could have broken knobs, or broken locks, etc. He went on, yes, it probably has broken knobs and broken locks. (I can't believe what I'm hearing.)

And of course, "As Is" products have no warranty and can't be returned.

Given their logic (or lack of) and the preposterous nature of their position on this, I suspected that, with further discussion, it was only a matter of time before he'd have to concede. He finally offered to have someone look at the product tomorrow and send me an email. And I'm in luck, this person knows about large format.

Jeepers!

Re: Keh

Some people have a really tough time at their jobs. A pity. Not fully present when their body is there.
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

From the KEH Contact Page...

"We want your experience with KEH Camera to be as convenient as possible. We know that you would rather be taking photos than spending time on the telephone or writing emails. Below is our contact information. "

Should read...

"We want your experience with KEH Camera to be as inconvenient as possible. You know that we would rather be doing nothing than spending time on the telephone or writing emails. Below is our contact information."
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

I've never been able to get them to give any specific information about any given item. Sales and warehouse might as well be on different continents. I've also never ordered from them as I always feel as if its a pig in a poke, regardless of the rating.
    Film, the consistent file format for over a century.

Well, they could hire a dozen more people, test each camera and keep a detailed report on each camera available for their phone people. But then they would have to charge at least twice as much for everything.

In other words, customers are not paying for such a service, thus such a service is not provided.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

I once managed a catalog photo studio and would have to call around to various vendors for all sorts of materials. You would be shocked, as I was, at the number of times I talked to people (money in hand) and was told something was a "special order item and they couldn't do it." Invariably, I found someone else who could, and gladly. Their names went in the Rolodex. (Remember Rolodexes?)

Well, a company is comprised of people and a single person who doesn't represent what the company is about could ruin their reputation.

What KEH states on their About page...

"Access to expertise to help you understand your options and choices"

"At KEH, you will find we are passionate about helping you find the right equipment for all your photographic needs"

"We make it easy for you to find what you are looking for with our in stock inventory of over 60,000 items..."

"Whether you are buying or selling, we take the hassle out of the experience. Professionals and amateurs alike trust our industry leading inspection and grading system, which ensures you get exactly what you order with no surprises. "

"Our rating of 9.67 on resellerratings.com gratifies us but we will not be satisfied until it is a 10..."

Perhaps the person who answered the call is the 0.33 rating contributor (or lack of).

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    ...test each camera and keep a detailed report on each camera available for their phone people...
    I think this information is already available when they buy used equipment. What is missing is providing the information to their phone people.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

I had hit some rough spots with them , but generally they were very nice and helpful people. May be you got said person away from lunch or something

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Well, they could hire a dozen more people, test each camera and keep a detailed report on each camera available for their phone people. But then they would have to charge at least twice as much for everything.

In other words, customers are not paying for such a service, thus such a service is not provided.
    +1!

Oh my God, Oh my God (!!!), you did not get the answer you wanted to have. The world's coming to an end!
    Or is it?

They're competing with e-bay mainly. On ebay I get ali-baba and the 40 thieves who says it's as - is and I don't unnerstant it or know nothin' about it (he's the guy who used it for 40 years). But at least you get some pictures. Sounds like KEH is the 40 thieves with no pictures.

(no harm or dis-respect intended for persons who either live in Persia or are of Persian descent)