Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual Southern California Large and Ultra-Large Format Photographers’ “Meet and

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: 3rd Annual Southern California Large and Ultra-Large Format Photographers’ “Meet

Long drive??? I live in Oxnard! Easy on a Sunday. It will take me longer though as I can't take the Turbo. Need the small car for all of the stuff. Can't get the big camera in the Porsche.

Re: 3rd Annual Southern California Large and Ultra-Large Format Photographers’ “Meet

then up to Pomona..mess around..then back to santa barbara

so it ends up being about 3 extra hours on the road from santa barbara

but yeah.. if I thought I could get rid of 6 or 7 tripods.. I would for sure go

tripods are a tough sell on ebay

In the desert...

Jim you need a roof rack on the Porsche, or an Ansel Porsche porch on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Long drive??? I live in Oxnard! Easy on a Sunday. It will take me longer though as I can't take the Turbo. Need the small car for all of the stuff. Can't get the big camera in the Porsche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    Jim you need a roof rack on the Porsche, or an Ansel Porsche porch on top.

Hmm...

"Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Jim,

Are there any inside tables left? If so I will take one.

Jim Noel

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Thank you Jim. You're all set.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    Jim,

Are there any inside tables left? If so I will take one.

Jim Noel

Hi folks, keep me in your thoughts as you talk gear and such as you meet up.

Look....I am **really** looking for a good sharp lens that will cover 16x20 at infinity and not get into the diffraction zone too bad in order to do it and have some movements. Ideally it would be equal to a 135mm-150mm in 4x5. Basically about the only thing I am getting as a definitive answer is Sandy King recommending a Nikkor 450mm F9 M which would be great for the wider end of things, but anyone use one for landscapes in 16x20? In fact, does anyone even shoot landscapes that are at infinity at all with 16x20?....I am starting to wonder. 550XXL? No, its rare and very expensive although ideal.

Basically I am coming up relatively empty handed and I will shutter this idea in short order and skip buying a nice new Chamonix 16x20 camera and film holders if I have no glass to use it with.

So talk amongst your selves...help Hugo make a sale...

Dan,

My mostly used 16x20 lens is a 24" red dot Artar in Ilex #5 shutter. It covers 16x20 at infinity and it is a normal lens. I bought it on Ebay for $500 a few years ago.

Don't worry too much about the lens. They are around. I will show you a few at our meeting in DV.

That sounds entirely reasonable...:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    Dan,

My mostly used 16x20 lens is a 24" red dot Artar in Ilex #5 shutter. It covers 16x20 at infinity and it is a normal lens. I bought it on Ebay for $500 a few years ago.

Don't worry too much about the lens. They are around. I will show you a few at our meeting in DV.

Kodakchrome25 - I sent you a PM