Thread: Jobo ATL-2000 stuck in program.

Jobo ATL-2000 stuck in program.

The photo club I'm a member of acquired a Jobo ATL-2000 machine from a local pro lab some time ago. I have managed to connect the machine to water and electricity properly, but I've run across an issue with the progamming. Before the unit was properly connected we wanted to see if the machine started up properly, so we connected it to power to see if it started up and if the control panel was working. In doing so it seems like we might have started a processing program, that was then aborted by turning off the power. Now that the machine is properly plugged in and we start it up the program resumes, but since it wasn't able to fill the water bath the first time we started it it gives me an error, beeps and tells me to reset the machine. From the manual I found out that a reset is done by pressing the up, down and F1 buttons at the same time, however when I do this nothing happens. I'm pretty sure the actual buttons themselves are working as we were able to navigate the menus before starting the program. Any ideas what I can do to reset the machine, as it is now I'm kind of stuck…

Re: Jobo ATL-2000 stuck in program.

Most likely keyboard failure.

Any idea what I can do to remedy this? Or even verify that such is the case? Is there a way of resetting the machine without the button combination?

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Get in touch with Ian Mazursky here in the forum. He is very familiar with those processors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    Any idea what I can do to remedy this? Or even verify that such is the case? Is there a way of resetting the machine without the button combination?
    Connect water hoses and have some water pressure? All ATL's that I seen require inlet water pressure. If you run it dry it will try to measure rinse water volume and beep.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaPerelet View Post
    Connect water hoses and have some water pressure? All ATL's that I seen require inlet water pressure. If you run it dry it will try to measure rinse water volume and beep.
    Done this, still tells me to reset. I think the issue is that it went past that stage on our first dry run, which is why it's telling me to reset at this point.

Luis

Download the user manual from jobo site, look at tech bulletins, there is explained somewhere how to do that, as last resort you can unplug the battery that keeps the volatile memory, but keep in mind that it can be something so simple as a jammed electro valve.

Quote Originally Posted by muihlinn View Post
    Download the user manual from jobo site, look at tech bulletins, there is explained somewhere how to do that, as last resort you can unplug the battery that keeps the volatile memory, but keep in mind that it can be something so simple as a jammed electro valve.
    The battery is soldered to the main upper board.
    You can remove it and try again - however, with a bad keyboard this will not really help much.
    It is possible the keyboard was bad even before but the combination of keys you needed did not make it seem bad.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    The battery is soldered to the main upper board.
    You can remove it and try again - however, with a bad keyboard this will not really help much.
    It is possible the keyboard was bad even before but the combination of keys you needed did not make it seem bad.
    I assume that would involve taking a soldering iron to the circuit board?