Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Expensive lessons...

Expensive lessons...

are the ones we learn best. Left my Cambo 45SR with an excellent Bosscreen GG in my car in the parking lot at work. Should NOT have done that. The paraffin between the glasses melted and ran, rendering it useless. Bet I don't do THAT again.

Kenny

Re: Expensive lessons...

Sorry for your problem but there have been lots of threads here about that very problem with a Boss Screen. But where do you think you will find another one?

Probably won't unless these folks are still in business: http://www.stabitech.nl/Bosscreen.htm Don't know that I want to pay their price, though. I just robbed a glass from an older Calumet I have. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Sorry for your problem but there have been lots of threads here about that very problem with a Boss Screen. But where do you think you will find another one?

A friend of mine lost her Hasselblad equipment by being left in her car. Cameras can walk off quickly!

Yup, I learned very valuable or rather very expensive one the other day, which is don't try to grab two camera straps at the same time, for two different cameras, because sometimes it's not really two different camera straps and it's really one that's bundled up and you end up picking up half of the other one and then having it fall onto the ground literally breaking the lens of the camera...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410056517.016384.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	121409

Landscape Addict

Dropping a box containing 24 exposed sheets of 4x5" E6 onto the floor, watching said 24 sheets spread across the kitchen floor, destroying months of shooting, hours of driving and potentially the best images you've ever made... Can you really put a price on that kind of stupid? Why did I not have rubber bands on that box? Why? what went through my head to make me think "Naah,... She'll be right buddy.. you're only walking across the living room to the fridge.. dont worry about it.." Not realizing that with a 3 year old and a 1 year old child my living room is a minefield of sharp, tiny solid plastic landmines hellbent on sending me through the roof and my box of film plummeting to the floor...
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post
    Dropping a box containing 24 exposed sheets of 4x5" E6 onto the floor, watching said 24 sheets spread across the kitchen floor, destroying months of shooting, hours of driving and potentially the best images you've ever made... Can you really put a price on that kind of stupid? Why did I not have rubber bands on that box? Why? what went through my head to make me think "Naah,... She'll be right buddy.. you're only walking across the living room to the fridge.. dont worry about it.." Not realizing that with a 3 year old and a 1 year old child my living room is a minefield of sharp, tiny solid plastic landmines hellbent on sending me through the roof and my box of film plummeting to the floor...
    Shit man, wow that's way worse than my broken lens

I always do 2 things with my boxes, ONE I only break the tape seal side but never the bigger label side so that it opens like a hinge, and TWO I always get a piece of gaffers tape and use that to re-seal the tape side, it will stick and unstick easily and repeatedly without losing adhesion and thick enough it's easy to feel in the dark.

This system has saved me a few times from your unfortunate event...

Example

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410066043.847869.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	121410

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410066148.568606.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	121412

Elastic would add "fool proof" to the system but doesn't stack well.

Just having the hinge bit is really a much bigger grantee of non-spillage.

Good luck with future navigation through the house.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410066084.116859.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by kenj8246 View Post
    are the ones we learn best. Left my Cambo 45SR with an excellent Bosscreen GG in my car in the parking lot at work. Should NOT have done that. The paraffin between the glasses melted and ran, rendering it useless. Bet I don't do THAT again.

Kenny
    been there-done that. That was the last Bossscreen I bought.......
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Thanks, guys. I am now reassured that we all STILL do stupid stuff. I'm still out one Bosscreen. Did discover that someone has one for offer. We'll see.

Kenny

It's a lesson.
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/