Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobackpacker is Retiring

Re: Photobackpacker is Retiring

Bruce, just wanted to take the opportunity to wish you a great retirement! While your P3 sounds wonderful, your older Kelty with backer board and various cases works so well for me that I cannot justify replacing it. But for those considering buying "something," I have to throw in a plug for your cascading film holders. I originally avoided buying one simply because I thought it would simply add more weight to my pack, and that my lighter ziplock bags worked well enough. But I eventually gave in, and think it is one of the best purchases I've made; it simply makes the photography so much easier, so if anyone is looking for just one photobackpacker item to add to their collection, consider the film holders!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lewin View Post
    Bruce, just wanted to take the opportunity to wish you a great retirement! While your P3 sounds wonderful, your older Kelty with backer board and various cases works so well for me that I cannot justify replacing it. But for those considering buying "something," I have to throw in a plug for your cascading film holders. I originally avoided buying one simply because I thought it would simply add more weight to my pack, and that my lighter ziplock bags worked well enough. But I eventually gave in, and think it is one of the best purchases I've made; it simply makes the photography so much easier, so if anyone is looking for just one photobackpacker item to add to their collection, consider the film holders!
    Here, here!

+1

RR

Mr Laughton,

Thanks you so much for theses beautiful designed products.
    The cameras and lens cases fit nicely in the backpack but also very versatile to fit any other cases. Same for the cascade film holders.
    We willl miss your expertise and great service.
    Good retirement, you will have more time to do large format photography
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

Couldn't pass this up. I love my P2 - even use it for my primary backpack when not out shooting.

This is a great product!

Good Luck in your retirement Bruce.

The BP system is well thought out and versatile. Was able to pack MF and LF gear with same BP and slight change in the innards. The film holders (4x5 / 8x10) are terrific.

Best Regards,
    Tim

Same here. Kept meaning to order the Cascade film hold cases and guess if I didn't buy them now, then I'd be kicking myself for not jumping in. Also got the P3 which should just fit my Korona 7x17 (I hope).

I hope you keep making your products as time and demand allows Bruce, something to keep you busy in the winter when it's too cold to shoot lol
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

My backpack arrived today. The quality is excellent! I'll have to order some more lens cases soon.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Surely someone out there would want to buy the business and keep it going? What a fantastic platform to build on. Imagine additional systems for the Leica user and so on. It's things like this that make me wish I was twenty years younger...

RR

Bruce, I wish you the best in your retirement. I'm sorry to see the product line retiring along with you. I just ordered a backpack and some more film holder cases. This was all on my Christmas / Birthday list to purchase this fall. It will be nice to finally retire the awkward backpack I've been using for my 5x7 camera. I love the setup for the 4x5.

I'm just trying to find the extra money for an 8x10 drop down bag (whatever they are called that hold the holders and expand with zippers).