Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Photobackpacker is Retiring

Re: Photobackpacker is Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Langendonk View Post
    I'm looking at the C12135 camera case. Anyone here use it for a Shen Hao FCL 810 8x10? The dimensions would suggest it would be a tight fit.
    Bruce made me a custom enclosure for mine. It was not particularly expensive.

RR

Hi Bruce, got my order today in the UK, many thanks. For anyone wondering whether the P3 is a substantial upgrade from previous versions - I have a P1 here and the harness system and weight carrying is in a different class altogether. Better than my dedicated walking packs !

Best regards from the UK

Dave

Arlington VA for real & West Milford NJ in my heart and head

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Langendonk View Post
    I'm looking at the C12135 camera case. Anyone here use it for a Shen Hao FCL 810 8x10? The dimensions would suggest it would be a tight fit.
    Just email Bruce and ask him. He responds very quickly.
    Bob

There's mosquitoes on the river, fish are rising up like birds. It's been hot for seven weeks now, too hot to even speak now, did you hear what I just heard?

Wingnut/GearJammer/IBEWRetired Racer X 69's Avatar

Seeing this thread reminded me that there were products that Photobackpacker that I really wanted as part of my LF kit. So I checked the budget, and decided I had enough "extra" that I could squeeze in the 4x5 Cascading Film Holder Case.

It arrived swiftly. I was very impressed in how it was packaged for shipment. Opening the packaging and examining it I found that the quality of workmanship and materials is perfect. Like a kid with a new toy at Christmas I then set about inserting my film holders into it, and then wrapped it up. All my film holders were in Ziplock bags when I bought the 4x5 Cambo, and snugly fit in a cardboard box wrapped up in some kind of tape that one might find on an assembly line in the aerospace industry. (This box will likely outlast me.)

After filling all the slots in the case there were several holders still in the box. I eyeballed it and sure enough the new holder bag slid right into the space that the holders in it used to be. So not only is the holder light, well designed, and manufactured from quality materials with expert skill, it also takes up very little room. A plus when one needs to maximize limited space.

Too bad for me that I waited so long to pick up one of Bruce's great products. I likely will find it difficult to purchase similar products that are of such good quality.

Oh, and one more thing. Bruce placed a personalized, hand written thank you on the invoice.

How often do you see that these days?

Bruce is a class act.

Thank you very much Bruce!
    Whiskey Is Sunlight Held Together By Water

Bruce is a class act.
    Indeed. I had nothing but great experiences with him over the years. He will be missed!
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I have long wanted to try Bruce's products, his good fortune of retiring finally moved my off my butt to order a camera case and several lens cases. I must say they are top notch quality and in my opinion quite reasonably priced.
    Thanks Bruce and enjoy the well earned time off !!

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Bruce shipped out my custom backer boards a couple days ago, this completes a big order and and a brilliant P3 system that will work with other packs. I guess I am kind of sad...I have looked forward to getting Photobackpacker gear delivered darn near weekly since he announced this.

It's truly great gear, I'm glad I got onboard and ordered up...

Thumbs up Re: Photobackpacker is Retiring

Hi Bruce,

Everything I ordered arrived. Many thanks & enjoy your retirement !

Bill

Indeed, my experiences are the same as others - order arrived, I've had an issue - my camera didn't fit the case for some reason (anyone there with a triple-extension 8x10 Tachihara using standard 8x10 case?) - Bruce was very helpful and generous, pity he's out of material to build a new custom case..
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    Indeed, my experiences are the same as others - order arrived, I've had an issue - my camera didn't fit the case for some reason (anyone there with a triple-extension 8x10 Tachihara using standard 8x10 case?) - Bruce was very helpful and generous, pity he's out of material to build a new custom case..
    Sorry Andreios, I think Bruce is using the last of his custom case material for my case I'm anxiously awaiting my new setup.