Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Yall

Thumbs up Hey Yall

Well my name is Landon and Im from Carrollton, Ga and Im completly new to the world of large format. If Im being honest I knew absolutely nothing about large format and didnt even really realize people still used large format cameras but Ive always been involved with 35mm and that involvement very recently progressed into wanting to get into a darkroom for the first time and learn how to develop film. So thanks to craiglist I stumbled across someone selling tons of darkroom equipment, old cameras, and yes a Calumet large format camera which I got a incredible deal on and thus thrown me into the new old world of large format photography. Im excited to be here and Im eager to learn about this new art and take my first photo.

Tim Sandstrom

Re: Hey Yall

Awesome, welcome! Keep reading, there's a lot of 'ole-timers' around here who know there stuff [I follow Bob Carnie myself], plenty to learn, and have fun!
    Last edited by dasBlute; 20-Aug-2014 at 12:24.

Alright thank you ill be sure to check Mr. Carnies work.

Hello Tacosoup89, sounds like you got a great deal, is the Calumat camera a 4x5 ? Get any lenses for it?

Mike

2 Bit Hack

Welcome Tacosoup89. Nice to see another Georgian here, even if you are in the north.
    Regards

Marty

Yeah the camera is a 4x5 and came with 2 lenses and a pile of holders for 4x5 and 120 film. What would be considered a good landscape lense? I think the camera I got was primarily used in someones studio and never really went outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarmck View Post
    Welcome Tacosoup89. Nice to see another Georgian here, even if you are in the north.
    Its good to be here I was wondering how some of my southerness would come across on here

Tim Sandstrom

the lenses you have are probably just fine for outside work, get outside and try 'em!

then, get your film development regime down pat, and iterate, iterate, iterate

2 Bit Hack

What lenses did you get?
    Regards

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by tacosoup89 View Post
    Its good to be here I was wondering how some of my southerness would come across on here
    I'm just up the road in Dallas, Ga. Welcome!