Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help ! Where should I go ?

Help ! Where should I go ?

Just obtained free flight vouchers - and want to go with the wife for a weekend photography blitz. Babysitter arranged for Dec 3 to 5 - now where to go ?

Criteria - fun, landscapes, outdoor activities - and within a 2 hour flight from Dallas, Texas. Art galleries and good restaurants also important...don't want to spend too much time in the car - rather hike/bike.

Please send me someplace nice - tell me where !!!!

Moab, Utah.

Boulder, Colorado

Beleive it or not Atlanta Georgia. It has beautiful waterfalls in the north of the city just outside Atlanta, and the city is great for restaurants and hotels.

To Dan Smith - not fast enough...

Albuquerque, New Mexico then rent a car and explore Santa Fe, Taos and in between.

Octogenarian

Hi Jack,

It may take slightly longer than two hours to get there by air from DFW, but Las Vegas is the place to go for a fun weekend. If you want to spend your time photographing, take a small camera along. Good restaurants, entertainment, nite life, etc. Nice art exhibits at the Bellagio, Luxor, and the Venician. For outdoor activities, you can hike/bike along the Strip to places like the Bellagio fountain, New York, New York, and Paris. Be sure to see the Pirate ship being sunk at Treasure Island. Great mountain scenery surrounding the Vegas area.

You said "send me someplace nice". Vegas is ideal when you are limited to only a weekend. Oh yes, take a lot of cash with you.

definately santa fe/taos. wonderful galleries. incredible scenery. super nice people. and inexpensive this time of year.

Belize. Reefs, cays, rainforest, ruins etc., etc.

Las Vegas - New Mexico