Thread: Heidelberg Topaz 2 resolution steps in Newcolor

Heidelberg Topaz 2 resolution steps in Newcolor

Hi everybody,

I know that the Topaz has discrete resolution steps as they are available in Silverfast, the three top ones are 5080ppi, 2540ppi and 1270ppi. Any resolution in between gets interpolated.

In Newcolor, however, the resolution is freely adjustable. It is not a problem to set it fixed to e.g. 5080ppi. But ones the area available for this resolution is exceeded by the selection frame, the resulting scan will be interpolated without informing the user.

Is there any way to set Newcolor to show the restricted area for a chosen resolution? In other words: how can I make sure it is not going to interpolate?

Christian

Re: Heidelberg Topaz 2 resolution steps in Newcolor

Hi Christian
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian-NRW View Post
    how can I make sure it is not going to interpolate?
    I have a feeling that Topaz 2 always interpolate (tried in Newcolor and Linocolor). Never was able to get real resolution higher than 3600 dpi though it is written 5080 dpi in specs.

To get best possible resolution from Topaz 2 one have to scan maximum (11 000 dpi) and downsample.

Wish to be wrong and somebody will scan a resolution target showing that Topaz 2 (and Nexscan as well) is possible to get more than 3600 real dpi.