Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Linhof technar in the flesh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Linhof technar in the flesh

For all you gearheads who have always wondered what a late model Linhof Technar looks like, there is one on eBay right now. It is fricking beautiful, expensive, somewhat impractical, and very rare. But a lot nicer - and much more practical - than those silly gold-plated Alpas and Hermes Leicas!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3851081247&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT

I know that it isn't kosher to mention auctions here, but since I have no participant in the auction, or know the seller, I think my heart is in the right place (even though I think my posts have been pushing the edges here lately, given that someone censored me on the election thread and many here would argue that Republicans have no hearts).

Thanks, Frank. One has to wonder if these really "different" designs were done by some "nut" in the Linhof design department (out of boredom with trying to change the Technika), or more likely a limited production varient of some government/military contract. And I don't really know if I think that it's beautiful, or as ugly as a Kodak Medalist (with the lens extended).
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Certainly an interesting design, although quite similar to the other super-wides with helical mounts. Personally, I'd have to be awfully wealthy to drop that kind of cash for such a specialized camera, though. For "beauty" among the specialized designs within the Linhof line, the little M679 turns my crank with more vigor.

http://www.linhof.com/english/images/kameras/big/m679cc-orang_big.jpg

Frank,

That is an earlier Technar as it has the solenoid release on the lens. The later model did not use the solenoid system.

However it looks, from the picture above, that the solenoid release for the grip is not installed.

" trying to change the Technika"

Not quite. The Technar used the standard, board and back from a Kardan, the finder based on the Technorama and the grip from the Technika.

"That is an earlier Technar"

Nope, after looking at the other shots it does not have the solenoid release. But it has been taken apart by someone for some reason. The release is supposed to point straighy up not be at a 90 degree angle to the grip. Someone has put the lens on the board rotated 90° from the proper orientation.

If you win this camera reseve the right for an experienced service man to look at it.

There is also a Linhof Technar being auctioned later today in Austria.....better bid quick!

http://www.westlicht-auction.com/index.php?id=25187&acat=25187&_ssl=off

I made a mistake in my prior posting. Bidding has already ended, as the auction is currently being conducted. I bid on the Home Portrait Graflex, which I have been after for quite some time. There are a lot of interesting items BUT the Euro is strong, a 23% fee and 3% credit card fee AND shipping!!!! This really limited me on how much I could bid.

If any Euros want to buy my cheap American cameras for a 50% markup, I say "Bring It On!"

SORRY FRIENDS BUT THIS ACTION IS A FRAUD!
    This paricular camera was sold by Adorama some 2 months ago, the images on ebay are copys from the original posting. This camera was sold for more than 4.500$ and was the very last Technar to leave Linhof (we comunicated directly with Linhof in Germany after obtaining the camera number from Adorama).
    The current "seller" probably noticed the good price on Ebay - copyed the images from the original ebay posting, saved them some months - and are now trying to fraud some less experienced large format photographers on Ebay. Take a look at his feedback - and the feedback on the guy who gives him feedback - then notice his payment terms.....and the hole setup it is quite obvious!