Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Large format magazine: Issue one. Subscribe today!!!!!!!!!

Re: Large format magazine: Issue one. Subscribe today!!!!!!!!!

Randy
    Two diffrent issues- this and
    http://lookingglasszine.com/
    published by Laura Campbell.
    See thread under new products?
    Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    If the OP would supply a little more info, I will subscribe, if it works on an actual computer.

Will anyone verify the usable OS'?
    Randy, the text on the subscription page may have changed since he first put it up but it reads "6 Issues per year delivered to your mobile or desktop device." Which should include laptops as well. If you click the linked image on the page for the first issue preview, you can see what it'll look like on your computer. The publishing platform he's using is FLIPHTML5 and their page claims their digital publications work on Mac & Windows under all current web browsers (any recent version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer that supports HTML5 should work.)

The image appears to be linked to something on my laptop (which is running on windows 7) but all I get from it is a blank screen. The image on my PC (which is running on windows 8.1) is not linked to anything.

Sorry, but while the image on the OP's posted site looks very impressive, unless it is more user friendly for us non Iphone or tablet users and there is better evidence that it will work for me, I don't have any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I subscribe to View Camera, but found nothing about a 'Looking Glass' LF magazine with Google. Is it defunct? I will subscribe to almost anything LF or film.

Since I am only 3 years into LF on any level, I am not fully up to speed on many aspects and most likely never will be.

If the OP would supply a little more info, I will subscribe, if it works on an actual computer.

Will anyone verify the usable OS'?
    Hi Randy,

Looking Glass Magazine is dedicated to promoting contemporary film photographers using any camera format. You can learn more about us on our website, where you can preview our current inaugural issue. There are instructions for subscribing on our website as well.

I will always include large format in every issue of Looking Glass since that is the format I use and love. In LG #2: Richard Garrod, Tobi Wilkinson, Marv Thompson, Jan Pietrzak, plus a Tales from the Lens, and a column by Amanda Tomlin.

We are not affiliated with the Large Format Magazine discussed in this thread, or View Camera Magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    The market is hardly saturated, and I'd be the last person to argue against 'more choice' in large format photography reading materials. However, from a marketing/personal choice perspective, I am more likely to spend my hard earned pennies on the things I can see the obvious hard work and development within the 'community' - so I subscribed the instant I saw 'Looking Glass' mag, and persist with 'View Camera' mag :-)

Marc!
    Thank you for subscribing! Amanda and I plus contributing staff are working pretty darn hard to bring our subscribers strong work and exceptional writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Campbell View Post
    Hi Randy,

Looking Glass Magazine is dedicated to promoting contemporary film photographers using any camera format. You can learn more about us on our website, where you can preview our current inaugural issue. There are instructions for subscribing on our website as well.

I will always include large format in every issue of Looking Glass since that is the format I use and love. In LG #2: Richard Garrod, Tobi Wilkinson, Marv Thompson, Jan Pietrzak, plus a Tales from the Lens, and a column by Amanda Tomlin.

We are not affiliated with the Large Format Magazine discussed in this thread, or View Camera Magazine.
    Richard Garrod, good choice! Stimulating work by a master gelatin silver printer. When we met last year he was engaged in a large printing project, and celebrated his 90th birthday in June. I'll check out issue #2 for sure. Wish you great success in your venture!

Having promoted you earlier-thought I should join in- years sub purchased- now all I have to do is get to the Death Valley workshop too- no chance for 2014 but 2015?
    Clive
    Hi Randy,

Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Richard Garrod, good choice! Stimulating work by a master gelatin silver printer. When we met last year he was engaged in a large printing project, and celebrated his 90th birthday in June. I'll check out issue #2 for sure. Wish you great success in your venture!
    Thank you, Merg! Richard has been really helpful, and a joy to work with. His photographs are stunning, and inspiring. I'm looking forward to sharing his work with our readers.

Best to you,
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by anglophone1 View Post
    Having promoted you earlier-thought I should join in- years sub purchased- now all I have to do is get to the Death Valley workshop too- no chance for 2014 but 2015?
    Clive
    Thank you for subscribing, Clive.

It's up to the board directors to decide if we'll renew our permit in Death Valley for the 2015 season. I'm all for renewing our DV-CUA permit. I can safely say that there's a strong possibility for another one in 2015, though it's a decision that requires voting by board directors. It might be interesting to offer a ESC4P workshop in Lone Pine as well, with permitting through BLM.

I just subscribed Laura.

Thank you!

Hi Randy,