Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello From a student photo major -- Indianapolis

Re: Hello From a student photo major -- Indianapolis

Thanks for all these suggestions! I had no idea that these little wheels were even there! I see them and have set a couple. I did do a project last semester with large format, but the department has a limited number of LF cameras for students to borrow, so I did this project with another classmate. Right now I am practicing the camera movements that we learned in class -- basically getting familiar with my camera. My first actual shots will use Harmon Direct Positive Paper -- because the feedback is immediate. I can develop these at home in the bathroom! I do know about many of the mistakes that can be made -- we made a number of them last semester!!! The log is a wonderful idea!

What do the little triangle shapes with "!" mean at the bottom of posts?

Quote Originally Posted by martha View Post
    I would really be interested in ideas the this group might like to contribute. I hope to have a draft plan in place by the time school starts in late August. Your suggestions?
    K

here is the idea I had back when I was in college that the head of the Art/Photography dept DID NOT LIKE...of course I wasn't a photofraphy student then..but..come on

set up a studio area in someplace central at the university..a room in the student union perhaps

then everyday for a week? two weeks? get set up..then run out and pull students walking by into the room and photograph them - grab a semi representitive selection..also grab anyone else wandering by..janitors, professors, etc

photograph them - - then.. that night, develop the film, scan and make prints (ink jet maybe)
    and then early the next day.. put the day befores prints up on a temp gallery wall somewhere on campus
    by the end of the period..you will have a nice documentation of Indiana University students circa 2014-5, and.. a complete photo show hanging

..Imagine if someone had done this every three years say starting in 1964 - how telling would that collection be by now??

What do the little triangle shapes with "!" mean at the bottom of posts?
    That's a special link to report bad / offensive / spam posts to the moderators.

We seldom have need of it, but do get hit by spammers occasionally. I've reported several.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

The log is a wonderful idea!
    I use a special little pad called a "Reporter's Notebook", made by Tops.

It looks just like a steno pad, but only half the width.
    If you look inside a commercial shooting jacket you'll find a pocket designed to hold these.

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you one gratis.

- Leigh

Afterthought...
    It occurs to me you may not know how to do a Private Message (PM) here.
    Left-click your mouse on any user's name (at the upper left of any post). A selection list appears.
    Click on Private Message. A composition screen similar to a regular post screen appears.
    Compose and send the message.

You can access your private messages from any page by left-clicking Notifications at the top.
    A link to your Inbox appears. Left-click on that to access that page.
    You can access Sent messages and other features from the menu at the left of the PM page.

In your account preferences you can enable an email notification whenever you receive a PM.
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Thanks to all for such a warm welcome! I still have lots to learn. I am reviewing other forum topics and see threads that I am going to follow.