Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Glass Magazine

Re: Looking Glass Magazine

I need 'push' printing so it shows up on my desk like mailed magazines.

I just like to read, so I get lots of paper magazines and even more E-Magazines.

But some of the digital screen feed gets glossed over, whereas paper is often read and reread.

I do love E-pub, as over the years have had to divest myself of tons of paper magazines and newspapers or this hoard would be far worse...

Please keep it all coming in whatever format.

Thanks for your publication Laura!
    Tin Can

If I subscribe now for a year do I get the magazines #1 to #3 also in the box?
    Or is my subscription only valid for the numbers published from now on?
    Because I like to have also the first issues.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I just like to read, so I get lots of paper magazines and even more E-Magazines.
    I just received the latest printed Taschen catalog. If you don't get it, do so and become as broke as I am buying their good stuff.

Looking Glass celebrates its second-year publishing contemporary film photographers

In particular, I'd like to thank our subscribers for their enthusiastic support during our first year. In our second year, I'm expanding the zine and am excited to add new writers and columnists. I hope that you'll enjoy reading Looking Glass as much as I enjoy sharing it with our readers. Thank you again.

Issue #8, Aug/Sept, 2015: George Tice, Kimberly Anderson, David Roberts, Gary Nylander, Chris Faust, Alex Bond, Gordon Undy, Scott Stillman

Looking Glass 8 celebrates back-to-basics medium and large format film photography. This issue features landscapes and portraits by David Roberts, Gary Nylander, Chris Faust, Kimberly Anderson, and Alex Bond. Gordon Undy continues his captivating “My Collection” series with a photograph by George Tice.

Subscriptions: https://www.joomag.com/en/newsstand/...73001441040773
    $3.99, single issue. 6-months, $10.99. $19.99, 1-year.
    On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lookingglasszine

Cover photo: The entertainer "Seal" by David Roberts (portrait made with a 20x24 inch view camera).

It was a pleasure working with Gary Nylander in this issue. A peek at his piece is shown below.
    Large format landscapes by Gary Nylander:

Good to remind me here.

I keep deleting JooMag as I think it's something else. I delete 99% of my inbox. I deleted it this week. I think...

Thanks for posting here.

I know I wrote the same thing last year, but I forget...

Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Good to remind me here.

I keep deleting JooMag as I think it's something else. I delete 99% of my inbox. I deleted it this week. I think...

Thanks for posting here.

I know I wrote the same thing last year, but I forget...

Hehe! My inbox is frightening. I had to hire an email cleaning service and dreamed of keeping it tidy forever...
    Back at the ranch, summer is nearly over, the Sierra is still ablaze, and I'm gearing up for 810 work. Hoping for a snowy and wild winter.

A very good issue with both beautiful images as well as helpful insights: eg, Robert's observation that portraits with large format cameras the people interact to the camera (rough paraphrase).

A quibble: going directly to Joomag from the email I was only able to view the pdf. Had to go thru Lookging Glass site in order to download the pdf.
    van Huyck Photography
    "Searching for the moral justification for selfishness" JK Galbraith

Thanks for featuring my work here, Laura. This a great issue, wonderful column by Gordon Undy and fine photography by David and Chris and others!
    Gary Nylander,

West Kelowna, B.C., Canada
    Blog:http://garynylander.blogspot.com/
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/nylander.photo

Hi Laura, what's the "circulation" of the Ezine? Ho

There was a hiccup on the database side which has now been resolved. My apologies if anyone encountered any difficulties. A notice has been sent to subscribers.