Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuji Acros Users Unite!

Fuji Acros Users Unite!

The hole in the corner? No idea why they put it there, but every fuji sheet film I've seen has it. It's this small, circular hole in the sheet of film, next to the notch code.

here is a link to people complaining about it on this site about a year ago. It's still there.

Also, ISO2, it seems strange (and unfortunate for the brits!) that you guys pay almost twice as much for FP4 as I did in the states. Then again, it's also very strange that kodak film gets cheaper when shipped overseas and subsequently re-imported, so who knows.

Fuji Acros Users Unite!

The small hole in the corner is for hanging up wasted sheets of film in the outhouse.

Fuji Acros Users Unite!

OK, here's your source:

http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/index.php

For those interested in 8x10 Acros, it's less expensive at The View Camera Store (to say nothing of shipping cost). For 4x5 loose sheets, this new outfit may be your only option in the US.

Fuji Acros Users Unite!

Thanks for the link Sal. I put in an order so we'll see if it all goes well......I was order number 4 soooooo......

Japan Exposures

Fuji Acros Users Unite!

Hello everybody,

my name is Dirk and I have been a lurker here for a few weeks since I have started getting into LF myself. I have been operating http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/ for a few days now, with some success (yes, 4 orders :-) and seen some referrals in the logs. Thanks for the mention.

I am just about to ship Mr Schroeder's film. I can tell you that I pass on postage charges strictly at cost. Been "eBayed" a few times too many on that and hated it. The postage charge printed on the package should really match the amount that the shop quotes to you when switched to Yen. I have yet to figure out all the exact weights of things, so I have to estimate a little at this point (so far to the customer's advantage). If there is an unacceptable discrepancy, say more than $1-2, let me know (although chances are I have already noticed it anyway) and I will compensate for it on your next order or similar. So over the next few weeks this should get a lot more precise.

On requests I have added some more films to the catalog today, such as some 5x7 reversal films and something called Fuji QuickChange 4x5, so please have a look around.

If there is anything else you would like to see, or any other issues for that matter, please contact me.

Regards

Dirk

Fuji Acros Users Unite!

Dirk,
    That's great that you are on the forum. I wasn't trying to tarnish your business. It is just in this day and age you never know with the internet . Actually, I am glad you are selling the 4X5 sheet film for Acros and I am glad to see it already shipped.

Fuji Acros Users Unite!

Dirk, does Fuji make Acros in 5x7?

Japan Exposures

Fuji Acros Users Unite!

Scott, I didn't take it that way... concern is justified, as you say.

Sal, from what I understand, 5x7 format film is only offered in positive, but I am not completely certain.

According to the Fuji data sheet, Acros is not made in 5x7, just in 4x5 and 8x10 and several Japanese sizes. One of those is called "kabine" and measures 11.8 x 16.3 (4.6 x 6.4 inches, if I am not mistaken)... that's as close as it gets.

Fuji Acros Users Unite!

Thanks for the info Dirk. If there's no 5x7 on your Japanese Acros data sheet, it's a safe bet that 5x7 Acros only exists in the darkrooms of photographers who cut down 8x10 themselves!

Fuji Acros Users Unite!

I just got off the phone with Midwest Photo Exchange, and although considerably higher than Dirk Rösler's price, MPEX does have Acros in loose sheets now as well. The price listed in their latest mailer was $39 for a box of 20. I confirmed that this was the loose sheet price and not QL's.

Just thought people would like to know as an alternative.