Re: DIY Nitrogen Burst?

Why do. Not place it in a dropbox ?

Vanannan

Quote Originally Posted by muihlinn View Post
    Why do. Not place it in a dropbox ?
    Hi
    I have no idea what a dropbox is?

If you would like copies of the documents please send your Email address by private message.

Vanannan

If I have missed anyone please let me know.

Luis

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lakin View Post
    Hi
    I have no idea what a dropbox is?

If you would like copies of the documents please send your Email address by private message.
    A file sharing service, a kind of cloud storage. I said dropbox because it's popular, but can be any of the many out there.

I think I was sent the info by a fellow forum member a few years back, If you send your Email address by PM i will send PDF's
    I may have sent it to you as I used the Kodak professional publication when wrote I wrote an article for View Camera in the April of 2007 magazine that addressed the issue of surge marks with pyro. Gordon Hutchings said in his book of pyro that you needed to build custom tanks with plenums and special hangers to employ gaseous burst with pyro and I was able to prove that you can use virtually any developer with conventional 4A Kodak hangers including pyro and get absolutely perfecto results.

I think I was sent the info by a fellow forum member a few years back, If you send your Email address by PM i will send PDF's
    I may have sent it to you as I used the Kodak professional publication when wrote I wrote an article for View Camera in the April of 2007 magazine that addressed the issue of surge marks with pyro. Gordon Hutchings said in his book of pyro that you needed to build custom tanks with plenums and special hangers to employ gaseous burst with pyro and I was able to prove that you can use virtually any developer with conventional 4A Kodak hangers including pyro and get absolutely perfecto results.

Vanannan

Hi Michael
    I have your article from View Camera magazine 2007 so it must have come from you, I have forwarded your article to the other members along with the Kodak publication.

Best wishes.

Hi Michael
    I have your article from View Camera magazine 2007 so it must have come from you, I have forwarded your article to the other members along with the Kodak publication.

Best wishes.
    Thanks Tony. This is what this venue is all about.

Vanannan

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Thanks Tony. This is what this venue is all about.
    Thanks to you Michael, your article along with the Kodak publication helped me considerably in setting up my nitrogen burst system, I have no regrets, the system works faultlessly for me, only problem here on the Isle Of Man is the cost of nitrogen or rather the cost of cylinder rental, a cylinder refill costs about £30 ($45) and will last me more than 1 year, the cylinder rental is approx. £90 ($130 per year) it is not possible to purchase cylinders outright

Thanks to you Michael, your article along with the Kodak publication helped me considerably in setting up my nitrogen burst system, I have no regrets, the system works faultlessly for me, only problem here on the Isle Of Man is the cost of nitrogen or rather the cost of cylinder rental, a cylinder refill costs about £30 ($45) and will last me more than 1 year, the cylinder rental is approx. £90 ($130 per year) it is not possible to purchase cylinders outright
    That really sucks. I have trouble understanding what difference it makes to rent the cylinder or purchase it since it is still in your possession.

I purchased my cylinder online for $65 and swap it out when I go back for a new one filled for $20. Last time I paid the difference to take home a larger cylinder home with me.