View Poll Results: Your personal anxieties about LF (You can vote more than one)

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) Limited local places to shoot

36 19.46%
  • 2) General costs & logistics (transportation, space, learning)

33 17.84%
  • 3) Time away from other priorities (family, job, pets, etc.)

39 21.08%
  • 4) My age/health/motivation/fulfillment

35 18.92%
  • 5) Gear (camera/lenses/tripod/enlarger/scanner)

10 5.41%
  • 6) Film & development

50 27.03%
  • 7) Printing & display/exhibitions

25 13.51%
  • 8) Scanning/digital processing

21 11.35%
  • 9) My post count (too low/too high) ;^)

5 2.70%
  • 10) Other: (Please share!)

26 14.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your #1 anxiety about LF (in your personal life)?

Re: What's your #1 anxiety about LF (in your personal life)?

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Campbell View Post
    No LF anxieties here. I voted #10. The anxiety is each significant other tends to be jealous of my LF camera, resulting in their wanting to compete with it. They lose.
    Wow, that's merciless, but I think many here will understand you.

Your remark reminds me of William Faulkner's famous description of writers devoted to their craft – his description might apply to LF photographers:

The writer's only responsibility is to his art. He will be completely ruthless if he is a good one. He has a dream. It anguishes him so much that he can't get rid of it. He has no peace until then. Everything goes by the board: honor, pride, decency, security, happiness, all, to get the book written. If a writer has to rob his mother, he will not hesitate; the “Ode on a Grecian Urn” is worth any number of old ladies.

Option #3 must have made you chuckle!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    FARMLAND! As faaaaar as the eye could see!!

There's no way you're that old, my GREAT grandfather worked in a car factory in Bridgeport...not an engineer but took and die maker, my Grandfather is in his 90's, his father was long since passed... So if it was industrial back then.
    Maybe it was New Haven. I was very young. What can I say? We had acres of land, an apple orchard, a stream running through and no neighbors for half a mile. My cousin with whom I lived with was studying at Fairfield Prep. Next door to us was a trap and skeet club. Life was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Maybe it was New Haven. I was very young. What can I say? We had acres of land, an apple orchard, a stream running through and no neighbors for half a mile. My cousin with whom I lived with was studying at Fairfield Prep. Next door to us was a trap and skeet club. Life was good.
    Sounds like Stratford maybe?

Could be New Haven but Yale has been there for quite a while

Well it's nice to know there's another CT type here even if you moved (lucky).

I voted 6. I shoot reversals a.k.a. hardly any choices.

It's like a systematic killing... you make people eat lobster everyday they will still get sick of it.

multiplex

not really any anxiety about using LF, been doing it long enough it is second nature
    i do have anxiety that i might buy more film so it will delay my deadline of using
    everything i have up, so i can re-start making all my own emulsion and hand coating glass, paper and metal.
    and if i want color, i can add it by hand ...

(Shrek)

I wouldn't say I have any anxieties about LF, in fact LF is how I cope with anxiety from others sources. But still, I am severely limited in what I can do both by the financial aspect and by my failing health. I have no plans on stopping, though. X-ray film and HC-110 are cheap enough that I should be able to continue for decades.

Definitely Film & Development for Color. Since I develop my own, I think that black and white will be available for as long as I will care.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post
    Wow, that's merciless, but I think many here will understand you.

Your remark reminds me of William Faulkner's famous description of writers devoted to their craft – his description might apply to LF photographers:

The writer's only responsibility is to his art. He will be completely ruthless if he is a good one. He has a dream. It anguishes him so much that he can't get rid of it. He has no peace until then. Everything goes by the board: honor, pride, decency, security, happiness, all, to get the book written. If a writer has to rob his mother, he will not hesitate; the “Ode on a Grecian Urn” is worth any number of old ladies.

Option #3 must have made you chuckle!
    Hehe! In my mind, it's absurd that anyone would ask me to choose. To my credit, I do caution them. Don't make me choose cuz you'll lose! Why should I set aside what I love to do for a man?

Also good for the gander.

Obsession is first step to genius or madness.

Hehe! In my mind, it's absurd that anyone would ask me to choose. To my credit, I do caution them. Don't make me choose cuz you'll lose! Why should I set aside what I love to do for a man?

Ahhhhh...the old irreconcilable differences. My (ex)wife decided that living with an artist/photograher was not her cup of tea. To her credit she did put up with me for almost 25 years before she decided on divorce.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China