Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monitor for Piezography?

Re: Monitor for Piezography?

These new monitors have way too much contrast and brightness. I use Color Eyes and several bits of hardware including the Munki.

I believe that you can edit your calibration profiles to get better results.

Calibration is important and easy enough to do with the proper equipment. But we are not actually talking about calibration here. We are talking about soft proofing for a given print on specific media with a specific ink. It would be a mistake to profile your monitor to exactly proof a print unless that is all you used your monitor for.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Don't give up on the Imac, Finally after months of being close enough I decided to experiment with setting the monitor to a lower brightness and let the calibration try and deliver. Set to 5 ( brightness) and a new calibration with a colormunki did the trick. I also use the RGB numbers as a guide and now can see deep into the shadows. DEEP as in all of the shadows. I used QTR to create ICC softproof profiles for my inkset and its so very close I know where all the values will land. Also came to the realization to let the prints dry for 48 hours before I make a decision to fine tune it. Let us know what you come up with, but don't think the Imac screen cannot deliver what your looking for.

I use an Eizo monitor for print and a apple monitor for tools etc , I calibrate both often ,i sometimes drag the image across too see the difference . the Eizo is the only one that resembles the print . Apple look great on movies etc but Apple have gone for a consumer palate these days and are no longer reliable monitors for critical work . Cheers Gary