Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Ray Film easy to get?

X-Ray Film easy to get?

Hi,
    Are folks finding X-Ray film to easy to get? I noticed on the auction site and Google that I don't see as many places to buy it as I did at one time.
    Gotta a good place?
    Thanks,
    Robert

Re: X-Ray Film easy to get?

Though I'm not using x-ray film now, back in the day I would have ordered it from Z&Z Medical Inc.

I was using Kodak's version. Can't speak for the others.

As DannL and Jon said. I get my green latitude from cxsonline and single-sided kodak from zed zed medical. Easy.

I was recently in hospital and my X-Ray tech told me one of the big drivers to Digital X-Ray was their inability to get sufficient X-Ray film.

I plan to stock up shortly. Not today, but later this week!

I find ZZ Medical the cheapest delivered to Chicago. Five, 100 sheet boxes to a case. I just checked ZZ and the price of Kodak CSG Green 8x10 is up 20%. Still cheap. Case, $195 plus $14 shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I was recently in hospital and my X-Ray tech told me one of the big drivers to Digital X-Ray was their inability to get sufficient X-Ray film.

I plan to stock up shortly. Not today, but later this week!

I find ZZ Medical the cheapest delivered to Chicago. Five, 100 sheet boxes to a case. I just checked ZZ and the price of Kodak CSG Green 8x10 is up 20%. Still cheap. Case, $195 plus $14 shipping.
    My Ex was a doctor at Yale Hospital and told me most of it was about speed and convenience, by having digital they could get results immediately. They also didn't need another person to run the film from one place to another and can be accessed on any computer throughout the hospital immediately, so this helps save lives.

However Yale is of course one of the best hospitals so this may be less true for other smaller hospitals.

I thought maybe is was getting a little harder.
    Thank you for all the good information - I appreciate it.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    My Ex was a doctor at Yale Hospital and told me most of it was about speed and convenience, by having digital they could get results immediately. They also didn't need another person to run the film from one place to another and can be accessed on any computer throughout the hospital immediately, so this helps save lives.

However Yale is of course one of the best hospitals so this may be less true for other smaller hospitals.
    But the lawyers are still running the show on cross examination and analog resolution still rules.

I am experimenting with 11x14 green and blue x ray sheet film and in my research the only single sided radiography sheet film is mammography film that does not come in standard sizes. I have acquired a box of the mammography film that appears to have a considerable d max (4.0+) and will cut it down to 8x10. Will post my results.

Many here are using this. I use it also.

http://www.zzmedical.com/analog-x-ra...ideo-film.html

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    I am experimenting with 11x14 green and blue x ray sheet film and in my research the only single sided radiography sheet film is mammography film that does not come in standard sizes. I have acquired a box of the mammography film that appears to have a considerable d max (4.0+) and will cut it down to 8x10. Will post my results.