Hi folks,

This is a continuation of the thread Mare Island access? originally posted by Austin Granger and now in the LFPF archives.

In my last post I requested that interested individuals email me regarding the suitability of three dates in November: the 6th, 13th and 20th. In response to that I have received a grand total of 2 emails. Since both individuals would be able to attend on any of the three proposed dates and due to the lack of any other response, I am now ruling out November 13th.

I do not have any other specifics yet. I have spoken with a member of the Mare Island Historic Park Foundation, but won't be able to meet with him to iron out details until this weekend. I can say that there will probably be a per-person charge of $14 which is what they charge for the tour. We would be essentially on a "tour", although one of our own doing. The MIHPF is also interested in use of images for their own promotion. From other photographers in the past they have received promises of prints, but no prints. With that comment there seems to be some skepticism of photographers in general.

Speaking personally, I have no problem with the exchange of limited rights usage of my images for access to their site. However, if you're anything like me, your results may be completely different from your hopes. I would not wish to release any image of mine for any kind of usage unless it's an image with which I'm completely satisfied. And of course, I never really know that until after I've printed it. That makes it kind of hard to barter with images as yet untaken.

I throw this out now as food for thought. Your comments are encouraged and welcome, either publicly on this forum or privately via email. I should have some more information by Sunday evening.

Regards,
Will