Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinion: Satori EXP for 8x10

Re: Opinion: Satori EXP for 8x10

Quote Originally Posted by NancyP View Post
    The biggest issue with large packs is the access issue. Access is brilliant with the Satori, front of pack is face down on ground, unzip back of pack to get at your camera gear, your camping gear doesn't get in the way, your back stays clean.
    Yep. That alone is enough for me to not consider any pack that has access any other way.

I don't know if I'd be able to access the ritter with the satori from the rear. It's got some large dimensions.

How large is your camera, I can measure my Satori opening. The camera inserts can be modified to fit, I would think. Send me dimensions and I will measure and get back to you next week.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyP View Post
    How large is your camera, I can measure my Satori opening. The camera inserts can be modified to fit, I would think. Send me dimensions and I will measure and get back to you next week.
    Camera folded 14 x15 x 5 3/4 weight 6.4 pounds

The camera will not fit the f stop internal camera unit (10.5" internal width), would not be all that easy to fit in the bag main compartment (14" wide in usual configuration), and would not be retrievable from the Satori back panel opening, which is ~12" wide. The Photobackpacker would seem to be the best bet for you among "photo backpacks", because it is more or less custom built for 8 x 10 accommodation. You also might consider going to an outdoors store, camera in hand, and trying on packs. Don't overlook the external frame packs (eg, Kelty) and military-style ("tactical") packs, which are less standardized than many alpine-design packs made to be narrow for easier carriage through tight spaces.