Thread: Non-coated (uncoated?) enlarging/repro lens options no more than 60mm (more details)

Question Non-coated (uncoated?) enlarging/repro lens options no more than 60mm (more details)

Hi everyone,

Looking for advice on an enlarging/repro lens and I have a few requirements:

1. Focal length must be around 60mm or shorter.

2. Must have no coatings (or have broadband coatings that have at least 70% relative transmission at 1000nm).

3. Best if decent at distances close to infinity.

4. Image circle at 1:1 should be at least 87mm (I.e. 43.5mm at inf)

That's really all I'm after for now. If there are too many options that satisfy 1-4 then shorter lenses or wider AOV lenses are preferred. Mounts and things are not a concern.

Many thanks, in advance.

Guy

Re: Non-coated (uncoated?) enlarging/repro lens options no more than 60mm (more detai

How about a prewar Dallmeyer or T.T.& H. enlarger lens. Must be loads of them floating around your part of the world.

Re: Non-coated (uncoated?) enlarging/repro lens options no more than 60mm (more detai

Thanks Roger... started looking them up. I'll be relying mostly on online (international, as there aren't many local) options.

Couldn't find any Adotals but there are a few Apotals around but nothing in the focal lengths I'm looking for. Entals were a better bet but south of 60, I only found a 50/3.5 (Ental II) and it's in bad shape. So I guess I will keep looking. While looking for TTH lenses, I also came across 2"/2 Amotals for Leicas but they're in the $1500 range, and I don't want to spend that much when there might be other options.

Hope to hear about more options from everyone...

Thanks...

come to the dark s(l)ide..... Carsten Wolff's Avatar
    Australia at the moment, Spain or UK one day perhaps

The old chrome 55mm f3.5 Micro-Nikkor-P, if used on bellows, rather than with their helix, to maintain image circle, is rather nice in IR, even to 1000nm and does 86mm with ease. It is single coated though.
    http://www.jeffbridges.com/perception.html "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right."